Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

I see a great demand for these pricy diapers. Are the really that great? Are they really that absorbent? If you have tried both what kind do you like better? The AI1 or the AI2?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
rescueremedies
Banned

Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

Yes, unfortunately they are that great and super absorbant. I actually find I reach for the AI2 more, maybe because it is natural fibers. But, I also use the liner that comes with the AIO so that is what is next to his skin.
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Ha! I will be the dissenter and say no. I had both the AI2 and the AIOs. I preferred the AIOs. The AI2 always leaked on me. The AIO while crazy absorbent was never really trim on my LO. The diapers are exceptionally made. Joy the owner is awesome. We just could never get a good fit and the aplix caught on thing just like every other aplix dipe. I think there are other dipes out there that function as good for the price.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
Ha! I will be the dissenter and say no. I had both the AI2 and the AIOs. I preferred the AIOs. The AI2 always leaked on me. The AIO while crazy absorbent was never really trim on my LO. The diapers are exceptionally made. Joy the owner is awesome. We just could never get a good fit and the aplix caught on thing just like every other aplix dipe. I think there are other dipes out there that function as good for the price.
Thanks for your insight mama. What other diapers stack up to Ragababes IYO?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think they are very nice but nothing all that special. I had both an AIO and AI2 and sold the AI2 cover because it always left red marks. I like that the AIO in absorbent, stay dry and has a pocket for extra stuffing. I don't like the apix but I don't like apix in general.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
seacat
Registered Users
seller

I am a BG gal and they fit my son so, I found that really still loved my sized BG AIOs and BGEs more than the Ragababes. Can't beat OS (BGE) either. I sold mine and bought a few sbish for nightime and for me it's perfect.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
rescueremedies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
I am a BG gal and they fit my son so, I found that really still loved my sized BG AIOs and BGEs more than the Ragababes. Can't beat OS (BGE) either. I sold mine and bought a few sbish for nightime and for me it's perfect.
I too like the fit of bg aio, but for those of us that baby doesn't tolerate microfiber, these are better. I don't like os diapers because the rise snaps leave marks on my baby. I loved the prints on the bge and tried them twice and ended up selling because the rise was too short. I guess it really just depends on the baby
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueremedies View Post
I too like the fit of bg aio, but for those of us that baby doesn't tolerate microfiber, these are better. I don't like os diapers because the rise snaps leave marks on my baby. I loved the prints on the bge and tried them twice and ended up selling because the rise was too short. I guess it really just depends on the baby
It totally does !
Old 05-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
babybryte
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think Ragababes are definitely worth it!! I think I like the AI1 more than the AI2, but I really like both. There's not that many All-in-Ones that have the soaker inside, and I have never had a leak with these at all. I love how absorbant they are - even the liners are super duper absorbant! And they are pricey....but from what I've been looking at, it's not that unreasonable. I mean, Orange Diaper Co. just raised their OS fitteds to $30!! I think that's high myself. (I'm not knocking them. I've never tried them and really, really want to but I wish I had bought one before the price hike!) But everyone has their own opinion of what's expensive and what's worth the price, you know? Joy of Ragababes is a wonderful, amazing WAHM and I am very happy to support her business for such a great product!!

Mom to William (11), Caroline (9), and Samuel (born 9/03/10)
babybryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No Mary... Don't do it... Don't try ragababes, because then I will inevitably follow you...