Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
sdsalyer's Avatar
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Almost Mexico :o)
Posts: 2,464
My Mood:
Question Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

I see a great demand for these pricy diapers. Are the really that great? Are they really that absorbent? If you have tried both what kind do you like better? The AI1 or the AI2?
__________________
Mary~*~*Wife to James...mother to Kai & Delaney~*~*
sdsalyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
rescueremedies
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,193
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

Yes, unfortunately they are that great and super absorbant. I actually find I reach for the AI2 more, maybe because it is natural fibers. But, I also use the liner that comes with the AIO so that is what is next to his skin.
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
seacat's Avatar
seacat
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,086
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

Ha! I will be the dissenter and say no. I had both the AI2 and the AIOs. I preferred the AIOs. The AI2 always leaked on me. The AIO while crazy absorbent was never really trim on my LO. The diapers are exceptionally made. Joy the owner is awesome. We just could never get a good fit and the aplix caught on thing just like every other aplix dipe. I think there are other dipes out there that function as good for the price.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
sdsalyer's Avatar
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Almost Mexico :o)
Posts: 2,464
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
Ha! I will be the dissenter and say no. I had both the AI2 and the AIOs. I preferred the AIOs. The AI2 always leaked on me. The AIO while crazy absorbent was never really trim on my LO. The diapers are exceptionally made. Joy the owner is awesome. We just could never get a good fit and the aplix caught on thing just like every other aplix dipe. I think there are other dipes out there that function as good for the price.
Thanks for your insight mama. What other diapers stack up to Ragababes IYO?
__________________
Mary~*~*Wife to James...mother to Kai & Delaney~*~*
sdsalyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Saharan's Avatar
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calmar A.B. Canada
Posts: 2,876
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

I think they are very nice but nothing all that special. I had both an AIO and AI2 and sold the AI2 cover because it always left red marks. I like that the AIO in absorbent, stay dry and has a pocket for extra stuffing. I don't like the apix but I don't like apix in general.
__________________
Engaged to the love of my life and mama to our sweet little Kai bear born 2/12/2010 and our new little princess Savannah born 3/16/2012
baby wearing, cloth diapering, EBF, semi crunchy mama origionally from BC now a resident of good ol' AB
Saharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
seacat's Avatar
seacat
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,086
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

I am a BG gal and they fit my son so, I found that really still loved my sized BG AIOs and BGEs more than the Ragababes. Can't beat OS (BGE) either. I sold mine and bought a few sbish for nightime and for me it's perfect.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
rescueremedies
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat
I am a BG gal and they fit my son so, I found that really still loved my sized BG AIOs and BGEs more than the Ragababes. Can't beat OS (BGE) either. I sold mine and bought a few sbish for nightime and for me it's perfect.
I too like the fit of bg aio, but for those of us that baby doesn't tolerate microfiber, these are better. I don't like os diapers because the rise snaps leave marks on my baby. I loved the prints on the bge and tried them twice and ended up selling because the rise was too short. I guess it really just depends on the baby
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
seacat's Avatar
seacat
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,086
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueremedies View Post
I too like the fit of bg aio, but for those of us that baby doesn't tolerate microfiber, these are better. I don't like os diapers because the rise snaps leave marks on my baby. I loved the prints on the bge and tried them twice and ended up selling because the rise was too short. I guess it really just depends on the baby
It totally does !
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
babybryte
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 118
My Mood:
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

I think Ragababes are definitely worth it!! I think I like the AI1 more than the AI2, but I really like both. There's not that many All-in-Ones that have the soaker inside, and I have never had a leak with these at all. I love how absorbant they are - even the liners are super duper absorbant! And they are pricey....but from what I've been looking at, it's not that unreasonable. I mean, Orange Diaper Co. just raised their OS fitteds to $30!! I think that's high myself. (I'm not knocking them. I've never tried them and really, really want to but I wish I had bought one before the price hike!) But everyone has their own opinion of what's expensive and what's worth the price, you know? Joy of Ragababes is a wonderful, amazing WAHM and I am very happy to support her business for such a great product!!
__________________
Jacquelyn

Mom to William (11), Caroline (9), and Samuel (born 9/03/10)
babybryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #10
jenny3AZbabies's Avatar
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,621
My Mood:
Re: Are Ragababes Really That Awesome?!?!

No Mary... Don't do it... Don't try ragababes, because then I will inevitably follow you...
__________________
jenny3AZbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.