Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:
Baby balled up on my left side and hip pain?!

Anyone else have this? I would call my Dr to ask them first, but everytime I bring up a pain/ache or concern I ALWAYS get "This is your 4th baby. Things are stretched and worn out. You're bound to feel new things that hurt."

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm about 33 weeks....

I feel like if I could get him to move away from my left side that my hip/buttock pain would go away. Or at lease ease up a bit (I'm having a hard time walking today because of it).

Advice on how to get him out of his favorite spot?!

ETA: The pain is on the left side as well...which is why I think it's from him being cozy over there!

Last edited by HLCreations; 06-14-2011 at 12:06 PM.
HLCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
jensea98
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby balled up on my left side and hip pain?!

No advice here but just want to say I am with you My baby is all on the right side and my right hip is killing me. The baby has bee there for months despite stretching and chiro care. It does seem to move more to the left but I think that is just do to size. Good luck I will be checking back to see if anyone has some great advice!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
nannabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine is on my right. I just keep pushing her down with my hand as temporary relief. I wish I had more for you.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

I have the same experience as the PP, baby's all on the right (my OB said something about your uterus tilting to the right, so right-side pain is the most common). I was referred to a Physical Therapist who specializes in prenatal aches and pains. I haven't seen him yet, so until then I find that getting on my hands and knees provides relief, and giving the baby slow gentle pushes with the heel of my hand to nudge him over works temporarily.
Walking anywhere for more than 3 or 4 minutes causes crazy pains in my right hip.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had that happen right before DS was born. I thought I was going to have to curl up in the corner and just cry Is there anything on spinningbabies.com that might help get him to shift a little?? Good luck mama
Just2fornow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

I've tried the getting on my hands, knees and rocking position and the general 'pushing' him away, he moves a bit, but generally comes back.

Yesterday was the absolute worst! But I did wake up today with more movements towards my right and not as much pain on my left hip.

I'll just have to keep trying to shove him away when I can. Thanks mamas!