Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Mom2evie
Registered Users
seller

Tattoos & csections

Odd topic I know Just wondering how many mamas had a tattoo on their stomach that got cut during a csection.

I'm a CDing, vaxing on schedule, bottle feeding mama
Mom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tattoos & csections

Mine is to the side so didn't get cut and it's smallish. The cut itself is not that big IMO and directly on/almost under and about the length of your p area(top). So I'd imagine most people don't have a tattoo right there. Because they shave you a bit and go where is normally under your underwear, even low underwear you can't see it.

However, tattoo was part of the conversation during c/s........
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Mom2evie
Registered Users
seller

Yeah well I'm one of those people who have a tattoo there LOL. It was a great idea when I was 20, didn't think about having babies and getting cut my whole lower abdomen is tattooed and got sliced. The tattoo def doesn't look like it did before

I'm a CDing, vaxing on schedule, bottle feeding mama
Mom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2evie View Post
Yeah well I'm one of those people who have a tattoo there LOL. It was a great idea when I was 20, didn't think about having babies and getting cut my whole lower abdomen is tattooed and got sliced. The tattoo def doesn't look like it did before
Oh man, that sucks. Not sure but maybe(if you could be bothered) a tattoo artist could "fix" it a bit, maybe add a bit to disguise any uneven bits.

I know I've heard of many with a tattoo on belly that got distorted when pg, with stretching so I'm sure it's common enough.

Although if you think you might have another c/s again then it might be worth waiting a bit fore before fixing?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no...but one of the ladies i used to coach gymnastics with had tweety in a UGA leo(she was a gym dog) on her stomach and after 2 kids tweety's head was quite distorted i will never tattoo my abdomen for that reason
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a tattoo but just wanted to say that my scar is below the hairline so depending on your doctor they can make it where needed. They used my previous scar from surgery when I was a kid and it was lower than they would normally go.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
nrsnit
Registered Users

My Mood:

sorry, although I have tattoos -- none are on my belly. I never wanted to show off that area ever. lol
nrsnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a wilted flower garden tattoo, thanks to pg! There is a vine that got cut- I had the flowers really low in hopes that when I did get pg it wouldn't get messed up. In my case I have stretch marks from c/s scar to breasts so there was no chance of keeping a tattoo intact. DH had so much fun with look at your garden grow jokes durring pg so I don't regret it. NOBODY other than DH gets to see the garden -unless they are medically trained. I never would have thought having kids would make me modest!
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote