Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Zofran ??? Whos taken it

I posted this in my due date group but ima post it here too .

I wanna try zofran ? But my dr never prescribed it before ( she's just a family dr not an ob or midwife ) ( I don't see my midwife till aug 22nd ) ....she's not sure what one to give me...
If any of you are Canadian and take it ....could you tell me what your bottle says ....and if the pills are white or yellow ?
She's gunna call one of the obs. First but I told her about the this site and said I'd see what everyone else takes ( it helps narrow it down ) I guess there is more than one type of pill and 2 are not good for pregnancy.

If your in the us and take it too let me know I'll just put a * next to your name ....

Gunna make her a little list.... I had it prescribed to me for my last pregnancy at like 16 weeks but never ended up getting it filled because I started to feel slightly better daily by 18 weeks I was fine....

-note- I get very violently sick , lost 40 lbs with dd1 and 37 wi dd2 ....any successful zofran story's would be highly welcomed.....

******Please excuse auto correct.....my iPad thinks it's smarter than me******

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Re: Zofran ??? Whos taken it

I've taken Zofran with this pregnancy. Honestly, it's been hit or miss on helping me, so I don't take it very often any more, even though I'm still throwing up. I have 8 mg tablets that dissolve on your tongue (no swallowing pills). They're a generic and they're white.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I take zofran and am 23 weeks now and still on it. It stinks to be so sick so to you!!!!

My Prescrip is for actual Pills that you swallow (they work a lot better for me than the others that dissolve on your tongue)

It's 8 mg pills called ondansetron, they are yellow & kind of footbal shaped.

Last edited by Mpierce; 07-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
deanna87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*Zofran has been my lifesaver. I couldn't afford it last pregnancy at $800 a box, but this time the difference has been night and day.
deanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
deanna87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My morning sickness this time didn't hit until the 2nd trimester.
deanna87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Zofran is a nausea medicine. I've taken it both in pill form & IV throughout my entire pregnancy.

I'm in the US, but I was taking I think 8 mg pills 3 times a day & an even stronger IV dose when I was on the IV, but I have hyperemisis, so my "morning sickness" is pretty bad.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Gingerrose5
Registered Users
seller

I took the white pills that dissolve on your tongue. It helped me so much!!! I worked all through my pregnancy and I would save them for when I had a meeting or presentation to get through. (It seemed like if I took it too much it wouldn't be as effective). I would definitely take it again for future pregnancies.
Gingerrose5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took it my last pregnancy from 7 weeks on. I took the generic as the name brand is too expensive and my insurance did not cover all of it either. The name brand was $1600 for a month supply and the generic for 90 pills (one month) was 86 at costco. I used the ondansetron ODT (orally disolving tablet) 8mg. i could not keep down the pill. I started these after I was hospitalized for hyperemesis and on IV zofran and daily IV fluids for 2 months. I would never have servived pregnancy without them.

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was hospitalized at 7 weeks after losing 17 pounds and I only started at 120 pounds. I could barely walk and would throw up when I took even a sip of water. The key is to try and stay hydrated as it gets worse if you don't and eat what your body wants.

helpher.org is a great website for support if you do have hyperemesis
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
Emma
Registered Users
seller

* (in US). I took zofran w/my 2nd pregnancy. It took the edge off the nausea, but didn't make it go away. I was still miserable, but just not barfing. I would only take it again if there were a dire need for it.

If you go the zofran route, you need to REALLY, REALLY up your fiber intake SIGNIFICANTLY. Seriously, the constipation was much worse than giving birth.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote