Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
does your 1st ppaf come later as you get older?

I know that First PPAF is dependent on SO many factors- like how long and often the baby nurses. But I've noticed a trend over the last 11 years of having babies and seeing my first ppaf starting later.. and well right now I'd like to put my mind at ease lol.

Baby #1- breastfed all the time, ppaf 4 months.
Baby #2- only nursed for 2 weeks, so naturally ppaf at 6 weeks.
Baby #3- breastfed all the time , ppaf 5.5 months.
Baby #4- breastfed all the time.. then started working 2 nights a week, ppaf came around 7 months.
Baby #5- this one doesn't count cause he was glued to my boobs more than any other kid LOL, I did have some bleeding when I got my Mirena around 8 months, but I really don't consider my first ppaf until about just after a year.

Ok, now Baby #6... breastfeeds, but does use a pacifier, more often than any other baby (most my babes didn't at all or only for car rides, etc.)... I had like 3 days of weird spotting in mid-May when she was 3 months old; and NOTHING since then.
She is 5.5 months now.. I just started going to school full time 3 weeks ago- she has formula during the day. I am only nursing her in the evening and overnight... still no period and I was SO sure I was going to start the first week I started school. As in the past my body has always been pretty sensitive to any decrease in nursing, plus I have short luteal phases while nursing... so I expected a period by now.

We use condoms, VERY carefully.. seriously- we consider ourselves in the "perfect use" category LOL.. we have never had a break or a slip or ANYTHING concerning. So I know I'm not pregnant.. but my brain of course is freaking out (can't tell you how many pregnant dreams I've had).

My only conclusion is it's an age thing... I had my first at 18, now I'm 29.. my body just takes a little longer to get back into the swing of things lol.

I would like my period though- for peace of mind I guess.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: does your 1st ppaf come later as you get older?

I think I'm going to take a test for peace of mind today lol, I can't keep waiting for a period and my nausea is getting worse (though that may be linked to a sudden gluten sensitivity, not sure).

Update- BFN on $tree.. which I was expecting... so yeah, ppaf just coming later as I get older, that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol

Last edited by TofuScramble; 08-01-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It seems logical, because fertility naturally decreases with age
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I guess everyone is different. I had #1 at 24, #2 at 27, #3 at 29 and always got ppaf at about a year. #4 came at 36 and I got ppaf at 4.5 months!! I was very surprised to say the least. I bf all of them and #3 and #4 sleep/nurse very much the same. I guess our bodies are always changing.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
TofuScramble
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess we just never know then- it's like a fun little surprise

my babe is now just over 6 months and still no PPAF, only nursing about 3 times in 24 hour period.. a girl I hang out w/ a lot just started her period yesterday- I was thinking my body was waiting to cycle w/ her.. so I'm thinking I should start soon... waiting...