Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Intentionally "troll"-ish posts & the latest "clique"

So, I've been on DS a while now (since 2007) and I've seen some stuff that has been just bizarre.

Currently, there seems to be a "clique" forming around this "rainbow cake" idea and starting threads that are "trollish" and just so bizarre that they are MEANT to get people wound up.

These posts are coming from members with 1000+ posts. So, clearly they either ARE NOT trolls or are VERY dedicated trolls.

In the past, the "night owls" and other "cliques" that were formed were kindly made to tone it down & direct their threads to the appropriate parts of the board, without clogging up the main communication boards.

I believe there was a group of women who all made the same image (or something similar) their avatar (I think it was a flower or something) and they were all asked to change it or receive a strike.

I am just wondering are the DS Mods & Admins monitoring this situation & at what point will you step in & do something?

Should those of us bothered by the behavior, be reporting EACH post?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Re: Intentionally "troll"-ish posts & the latest "clique"

What's the issue? Are we in high school that we get upset about cliques?
Not trying to be rude but seriously....if you don't like the posters talking about, put them on ignore. No need tattling on a posg that mentions rainbow cake.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycdsqueaker View Post
What's the issue? Are we in high school that we get upset about cliques?
Not trying to be rude but seriously....if you don't like the posters talking about, put them on ignore. No need tattling on a posg that mentions rainbow cake.

there's an entire thread on rainbow cake in OT if someone feels outside the looop where it's discussed WHY rainbow cake mentions are thrown around so much. If you feel offended, either read the thread and see what we are talking about or avoid it completely.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

a trollish clique? Really? People with posts in the thousands are trollish? And as far as I know cliques are NOT okay on DS and against the user agreement. Are you telling me admin is purposely letting a select group of people form cliques?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't see how enjoying rainbow cake is considered a "situation"?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
So, I've been on DS a while now (since 2007) and I've seen some stuff that has been just bizarre.

Currently, there seems to be a "clique" forming around this "rainbow cake" idea and starting threads that are "trollish" and just so bizarre that they are MEANT to get people wound up.

These posts are coming from members with 1000+ posts. So, clearly they either ARE NOT trolls or are VERY dedicated trolls.

In the past, the "night owls" and other "cliques" that were formed were kindly made to tone it down & direct their threads to the appropriate parts of the board, without clogging up the main communication boards.

I believe there was a group of women who all made the same image (or something similar) their avatar (I think it was a flower or something) and they were all asked to change it or receive a strike.

I am just wondering are the DS Mods & Admins monitoring this situation & at what point will you step in & do something?

Should those of us bothered by the behavior, be reporting EACH post?

There are many threads that I have found annoying or didn't care for the content but I just move on...I'm sorry that you feel so frustrated but I really think you should have done this privately by contacting an admin. or mod as you are pretty much publicly attacking other members of the board. Is that allowed here?

Last edited by 4littlenorskes; 08-04-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Elsaraw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry, this is so funny! I'm not involved either way, but just the thought of a "rainbow cake clique" cracks me up!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm guessing op is referring to threads like this: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1256523 which really... Are annoying. Shrug.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Trolling, cliques, and such are against the terms of use of DS, I'm pretty sure. I've read the threads. I know what "it means" and I think its a waste of space and that the Mamas who don't REALIZE that the threads are trash are wasting their time/emotion on something others are getting jollies from.

In the past, such groups/movements/ideas have been put into their place (and eventually moved out of the public view forums) by DS admin. I'd like to see that happen in this situation.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
Trolling, cliques, and such are against the terms of use of DS, I'm pretty sure. I've read the threads. I know what "it means" and I think its a waste of space and that the Mamas who don't REALIZE that the threads are trash are wasting their time/emotion on something others are getting jollies from.

In the past, such groups/movements/ideas have been put into their place (and eventually moved out of the public view forums) by DS admin. I'd like to see that happen in this situation.
I totally agree with ya, especially to the bolded.
#4 due in October!
Closed Thread