Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Delete

nm

Last edited by Love4leon; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think all of the ladies on this thread would agree with you. It's why many of us have trouble bonding with others in the DDCs. While they vent about the "wrong gender," gaining weight and being uncomfortable, mamas from S&S just stay thankful there's a baby alive in there and pray for another day!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: If I ever get pregnant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
It's why many of us have trouble bonding with others in the DDCs. While they vent about the "wrong gender," gaining weight and being uncomfortable, mamas from S&S just stay thankful there's a baby alive in there and pray for another day!
This. Completely.

I won't say I've been graceful this entire pregnancy, but it's hard to identify with women complaining about stretch marks when I'm thankful I'm big enough to get them.

Now that I'm almost to the finish line, my parents - and complete strangers - keep trying to commiserate with me about how miserable I must be. They ask me how I am. I just say, "Grateful."

(But if, when you're pregnant - because you WILL get there! - you burst into tears at some point because you're so hungry but afraid of throwing up one more time, don't be too hard on yourself. We all pray for babies. Nobody prays to be miserable. It just happens to be a side effect.)

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lots of It is so hard to understand unless you have been where we are. Everyone tends to take things for granted when they come easily. It isn't until you have struggles that you realize the true blessings in your life.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've often felt this way. I know that being pregnant isn't always a picnic, but still, its such a blessing. I told my dh that if I ever get pg that I'll be the only person that is smiling while they are throwing up from morning sickness.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally hear you! I want to tell people to shut their mouths when they complain. They seriously don't get how blessed they are unless they've been where I/we've been and they take it for granted.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Amen. Amen and amen.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #8
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't post much in ss or TTC, but I sometimes do. It's been going on 2 years for us. A combo of cycle issues/miscarriage and DH traveling. A friend knows we are TTC and she is too, actually. Her DH is home always and age has ur average 28-32 cycles. I was super upset about spotting for no reason on CD20 (which means missed o and this is AF or it's just another random cycle for me cause my tests are bfn) anyways she said 'it's not ur time' WTH? Those are fighting words. It was my ONLY time. DH leaves tomorrow and will be traveling alot this fall. Anyways, off topic.. But while my pregnancys are really really rough, I think going thru this struggle will change my attitude if we ever get pregnant again. I hate the assumption that since I had two children, that all we have to do is have sex to have another baby. It hurts
Old 08-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya!! I had a rough few months preggers with my first but I kid you not... i remember vomiting and thanking Jesus that my HCG levels were high enough to produce nausea and vomiting and I had a healthy pregnancy. I didn't realize then that I would have TTC issues but made it a point to not complain because I always thought in the back of my mind about how thankful i was being able to carry a baby since some woman cannot. I will treasure it even more once it happens again!!! PLEASE LET IT BE SOON!!! Praying for you ladies everytime I pray for me.... which is a lot!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

YES!
I woke up sick and achy this morning, and as I'm throwing up my husband asks "why are you laughing?!?!" all I could think while puking was "maybe... maybe... maybe! Gotta find a test for tomorrow!"