Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TTC issues with no obvious reason??? Anyone else?

So is it just us or is anyone else have trouble conceiving another baby after having a quick conception the first time around and all normal tests since then. It seems everyone has something... PCOS, endometriosis, semen factors..... hormonal issues.... LP defect.... SOMETHING.... I seem to have NOTHING wrong and yet cannot seem to get pregnant!!

Am I the only one??? I guess my hubby hasn't had his semen tested in 2 years we could try that..... not sure what else to look at!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC issues with no obvious reason??? Anyone else?

While we do know our issue, you are definitely not alone. I would definitely have your husband get tested. It can change. Men are the cause of the problem at least 40% of the time and some statistics say 50%. I would get him tested. But, even if his comes out normal, you still aren't alone. Unexplained infertility is not uncommon at all. Google it.

ETA - I can't remember, are you seeing an RE or just an OB? If you aren't seeing an RE, I would move to that at this point. (Sorry I can't remember. I'm not good like that. )

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 08-20-2011 at 06:10 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree that getting your hubby tested is the next best step. Lifestyle factors and aging both affect sperm production and quality. We got pregnant twice without issue then suddenly started having multiple early losses. Turns out DH's quality of sperm has decreased dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Malenkaya
Registered Users
seller

Do you have an RE or just an OB? There are tons of things to be tested for and an OB barely scratches the surface. An RE does more, but they are more about getting you pregnant than keeping you pregnant, and if you have immune issues they rarely deal with that. An immunologist or hematologist may help you there.

There is a book you should check out, by Dr Alan Beer, called "Is Your Body Baby Friendly." He's got a list a mile long of things that get overlooked that could possibly be an issue.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Liesl- I would for sure have your husband get a sperm analysis done- of course this is coming from a family that has had serious changes in sperm I am so very sorry for your struggles- I imagine it is even more difficult when you have no real reason.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yah we need to .... he is not comfortable with masturbation has been a huge part of it so we haven't but I am hoping they would let me go in with him maybe?? It has to be done IN the lab or they won't except it.

yes and I do have a RE..... we were able to conceive last month after a trigger shot and Femera but back again to this month and nada.
i guess we will try it again.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
Old 08-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yah we need to .... he is not comfortable with masturbation has been a huge part of it so we haven't but I am hoping they would let me go in with him maybe?? It has to be done IN the lab or they won't except it.

yes and I do have a RE..... we were able to conceive last month after a trigger shot and Femera but back again to this month and nada.
i guess we will try it again.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband wasn't all that comfortable with it either. You can PM me if you want to discuss it in more detail.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Hskirball7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi there! I know for a fact that most labs let the wife in with the husband. I know ppl in my life who aren't comfortable with masturbation either (neither are we at all), so they simply went in with their DHs. No worries! Best wishes!

"Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."--Elizabeth Stone
Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I'm currently in your boat, no detected reason but multiple early losses, a couple mid losses,and one very late loss. It makes me so angry, as because there's "nothing wrong" my Dr. can not refer me to a OB or a RE. So I'm stuck on the endless treadmill of losses and tests, never getting anywhere because "nothings wrong".