Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
zooanimalwrangler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you do it???

Cloth diaper that is when pregnant??? Seriously the smells from it are absolutely killing me and normally it doesn't bother me at all. The disposables don't smell as much to me so maybe I just do it part time until the super sense of smell goes away a bit? Ugh.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do you do it???

I'm not right now. Earth's Bests sposies on amazon are cheap enough and still without a chemicals that I am fine taking a little 1st tri break.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

the smell hasnt bothered me at all. I never notice a smell with just pee diapers and I just hold my nose and spray the yuck diapers off QUICK! Honestly it's the disposable smell that kills me. I always notice a pee smell around disposables.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ew...those night time diapers I take out of the wetbag to wash are GROSS!!! Makes me gag everytime!

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's just not a big deal to me. I mean, yeah they stink but not enough to make me spend extra unnecessary money on disposables lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissyMaesMama View Post
the smell hasnt bothered me at all. I never notice a smell with just pee diapers and I just hold my nose and spray the yuck diapers off QUICK! Honestly it's the disposable smell that kills me. I always notice a pee smell around disposables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsmommy10 View Post
It's just not a big deal to me. I mean, yeah they stink but not enough to make me spend extra unnecessary money on disposables lol.

I just hold my breath and use extra tide!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't noticed them to be that bad. If I washed them in a diaper safe detergent though, I think I'd be gagging. I was visiting a friend and I could smell the instant her baby peed, it was bad. I wash in Cheer, so even our nighttime diapers aren't bad smell wise.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
zooanimalwrangler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh i'm so glad to know i'm not the only one with super sense of smell issues. i tend to get morning sickness bad-with my last pregnancy i lost 25 lbs in the first trimester alone. so i think part-time is just going to have to work until I hit that happy stage.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 AM   #9
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, there have been days where I've been spraying out a diaper w/ my head hanging over the tub, lol. But really if I can smell it before I change it and it's already making my stomach turn, I pop a STRONG mint or ginger gum in my mouth and that normally does the trick.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

No idea. DD's been daytrained for over a year, and I learned the hard way she can't do cloth overnight (blistering bubbling rash, not pretty). I'd probably be about to upchuck if I had to do cloth. The smell of hte trash can with her night diapers, not even all of them have pee in them is enough to trigger nausea.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote