Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:
Red face Pants not fitting already?!

I'm 6 wks 5 days (I think...give or take a couple days). I've gained about 1 lbs. so I know that's not it, but I had to bust out the hair band on the jeans button today. It was just too uncomfortable to have them buttoned correctly.

I remember being 10 wks with my second daughter and needing a little something like that. Anyone else having their pants not really fit anymore?
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
legable
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pants not fitting already?!

I'm right there with you, had to bust out the rubber band over the weekend! I'm only 6w4d, but there's no way I can wear my jeans buttoned. We were trying to wait to tell people until I go to the doctor in 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it hidden! At least for work, I wear scrubs, so those are super comfy! I just feel silly getting out my maternity jeans already!
legable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been using the BeBand from Target. I hate that thing because it never holds the back of my pants. But I'm not ready to pull out maternity pants.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been living in yoga pants, but I was able to put on my regular jeans 2 days ago. It didn't last very long, so I figure I will be doing maternity pants before too long...Oh, well. Get some use out of them this time around.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:
Another good trick that I learned is to buy a cheap tank from Wally World, cut the top/straps off, and, ta-da, instant "belly band"
Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsmommy10 View Post
Another good trick that I learned is to buy a cheap tank from Wally World, cut the top/straps off, and, ta-da, instant "belly band"
I do the same but I get mine from the Goodwill They work really well if you tuck them into the bottom of your bra
Old 09-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Yup, I bought a belly band last week and have yanked out the maternity pants already. Probably doesn't help that I've been in denial for months about the weight I gained earlier in the year, but doing up pants went from not so comfortable to outright painful.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake View Post
I do the same but I get mine from the Goodwill They work really well if you tuck them into the bottom of your bra
I hadn't thought about doing that but I will next time I wear it I don't know if this is good or bad but today I was able to keep my pants up without the band (it's starting to get a big snug).
Old 09-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
mercyscreation
Registered Users

My Mood:

phew glad to hear I'm not the only one! I feel silly about it too. I don't know if I can do the maternity pants yet I have the all soft stretchy version from motherhood. I don't think they'd stay up. Perhaps I should do the tank trick or get a band!
~Alicia wife to bestie for 6 years ! Mommy to 2 beauties Gracie (1/30/10) & Lily (6/20/06), and my strong man Declan (5/4/12). I'm a CD'ing, sometimes wearing, exclusive BF, extended rear facing & harnessing, super frugal SAHM!
mercyscreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My last pair of regular pants that still fit ripped last week so I've been in maternity jeans ever since. They're the stretchy top ones and still a bit big. My work/dress pants are getting tight so I'll be pulling out my larger sizes soon. I'm just shy of 9 weeks.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote