Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talk me down!!!

DS is 16 months and a ball of fire! DD just turned 3 and is a handful and half. And I LOVE them both!! They keep me busy busy busy. DH and I had originally wanted 6 kids. Then we had DD and thought ok 4 will be great. Then we had DS and thought holy cow let's be done (at least for now). We have talked tons and have decided to not think about more babies until DD is in school (so 2 more years). But I'm getting a little baby fever. I miss BFing and snuggling and BWing a tiny LO. But on the other hand, I love having just the 2 of them. They are close in age and get along well. We are SUPER busy as a family and having 2 just "works" for us right now. We have a great house for our family and no real room for another. Plus we don't have a car for 3 babes. Come on ladies, talk me down....
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk me down!!!

Can't talk you down b/c I want another one and my kids are 4/08 and 5/10. LOL...DH says no, so he is talking me down!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 and am done But it took me a LONG time to be okay with that. I just tried to focus on what things would change because of a new baby. I'm not saying more kiddos are bad - but for me it helped me to focus on the advantages of not having more. A few things i realized i would gain from stopping. Mental sanity - we had 3 boys in 3.5 years. Enough said More time with each child individually. DS1 just started all day K. I missed that child so much for a few weeks, and still do, but now i realize how wonderful it is to just have alone time with DS2. When DS3 goes down for a nap, the two of us get two solid hours of doing what HE wants - and being the middle child, who was only 16mo old when DS3 came along - he's overdue for things his way. I don't have to lug around a diaper bag anymore. I am able to CLEAN out the items i have been storing "just in case" and give them to people who can use them. I kept a few things, but its nice to have more space to put things in the boys want. I get to sleep through the night... ahhhh..... We get to go on vacations as families without hauling a van full of SHEESH just to make sure all the little have everything they could possibly need. We get to spend time ALONE as a couple - a new babe would make that nonexistant again. Not that it doesn't have its time and place, but i had sooooo much fun in Aug with my DH for a weekend getaway. It was the first time we had been alone, together for more than a 4 hour date night in 5.5 years. It was AWESOME....

Okay, I'll be quiet.....
Old 09-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Just2fornow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
I have 3 and am done But it took me a LONG time to be okay with that. I just tried to focus on what things would change because of a new baby. I'm not saying more kiddos are bad - but for me it helped me to focus on the advantages of not having more. A few things i realized i would gain from stopping. Mental sanity - we had 3 boys in 3.5 years. Enough said More time with each child individually. DS1 just started all day K. I missed that child so much for a few weeks, and still do, but now i realize how wonderful it is to just have alone time with DS2. When DS3 goes down for a nap, the two of us get two solid hours of doing what HE wants - and being the middle child, who was only 16mo old when DS3 came along - he's overdue for things his way. I don't have to lug around a diaper bag anymore. I am able to CLEAN out the items i have been storing "just in case" and give them to people who can use them. I kept a few things, but its nice to have more space to put things in the boys want. I get to sleep through the night... ahhhh..... We get to go on vacations as families without hauling a van full of SHEESH just to make sure all the little have everything they could possibly need. We get to spend time ALONE as a couple - a new babe would make that nonexistant again. Not that it doesn't have its time and place, but i had sooooo much fun in Aug with my DH for a weekend getaway. It was the first time we had been alone, together for more than a 4 hour date night in 5.5 years. It was AWESOME....

Okay, I'll be quiet.....
YAY!!!! THIS is what I needed We absolutely adore our family the way it is now and so many things would have to change if we had another. We only have 2 kid rooms- who is gonna share? We have a little car- no room for 3 carseats and no cash to buy a new one. And I love spending time with both of them seperately and with my DH! THANKS!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 3 and I want 1 maybe 2 more, so I am no help sorry.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry! I wont be any help here! When baby fever hits, it knows no logic