Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
mahea5877
Registered Users

CDing on Oahu

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this cloth diapering world and wanted to see how many people here cloth diaper their LOs. I love it but hate that their aren't much places here on oahu that sell things. I love baby awearness in manoa but wish they were closer to central oahu. How many people sew their own?
mahea5877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Cris1980
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: CDing on Oahu

Hi,

I cloth diapered my first LO when we got here and that was for about a year and a half, then we started potty training. I found some good deals on here. For my next who is 8 months old I used the diapers from his brother and started to sew my own. Mostly trail and error but it is getting better. We are pregnant with our third child and I plan on CDing with him or her too.
Cris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
mahea5877
Registered Users

Congratulations, that's awesome to hear. Wish I knew more about CDing when I was pregnant with my first. I totally would've tried it. Then I wouldn't be buying so much thing now. Lol
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use cloth here too...but tend to buy my things online. I'm thinking for the next baby we're going to TTC, I'll probably sew my own extended tab prefolds. Other than that, I just knit my own longies/shorties.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
mahea5877
Registered Users

Wow, I'm so glad you guys have commented to this. I don't feel like there is much people here that CD.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
sirgradypants
Registered Users
seller

Location: Living in Hawaii with Navy hubby - from the Jersey shore (the real one!!)
My Mood:
Hey!! I'm here on Oahu as my husband is navy and I'm CDing!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby awearness is expensive! it's much cheaper to shop online at stores that have free shipping.
but to answer your question, I started CDing DD when she was 20 months. DS was a few weeks old after his circ and belly button healed. He had major sensativity issues so I ended up making his diapers.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
txdds
Registered Users

Hi, we are new to CDing and live in Hawaii Kai, so we love Baby Awareness over on our side. But yes, it's expensive. I've used Kelly's Closet a few times with the free shipping. Are there any other companies with free shipping to Hawaii?
txdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #9
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have been here for 6 months. It's been a very long time since I have bought diapers, so when I see them in the shops, I always have to touch them! There is a shop in Kailua that sells Grovia I think, and a shop in Windward Mall has newborn and OS fuzzi bunz.

Years ago I bought my covers at Nickis Diapers with free shipping, and also shopped sew crafty baby and moms milk boutique. I have just started researching again, so I am not certain if they honor free shipping to Hawaii.

I have seen stores that ship free over $49 or so, and have been trying to keep a list if items I want. Sadly I have not been able to find one store that has everything I want.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #10
Dearest Diapers
Registered Users

I just wanted to chime in, because my husband used to be in the Army and I know how hard it was trying to get a hold of things I really wanted. We never got the opportunity to see Hawaii, we were in Germany for a few years! Also we do offer Free shipping on Orders over $25 even to Hawaii and always offer a 5% Discount for Military Families. Of course there are many more Discounts and Sales but just an fyi
Dearest Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote