Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
JenniferLovesEmily
Registered Users
seller

can i co-sleep without my boobs out

My DS is 5 1/2 months old. He doesn't like to nurse or sleep on any kind of schedule (but he's not nursing on demand. It's more spaced than that. I just never know if hes going 2 hrs or 4+ hrs)
Although he slept 5 hrs straight 9ish pm-2+ am every night for his first three months, he's been waking when I go to bed at 11pm and now falls back asleep on my boob in my bed. I impulsivly did whatever was quickest to quiet him so he didn't wake DD. I like co-sleeping but don't like sleeping with my shirt up. He does fall asleep without my boob for naps. Is there a way to encourage him to fall back asleep throughout the night without my boob in his mouth?

Sent from my Droid....probably while nursing ....interpret accordingly
JenniferLovesEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i co-sleep without my boobs out

I have a little guy who cannot sleep without my boob! I don't mind co-sleeping so he can eat and go back to sleep but he wants unlimited access!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Same here... I think she is a little monster. She will not sleep without me, ever. I just want an hour alone but nope. She needs to be stomach to stomach with her legs resting on mine and her face shoved into my chest.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you use a pacifier? Sometimes that works for us. But mostly I just got used to sleeping with my shirt up.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think this might just be a "band-aide" but I cut off a couple longsleeve shirts right under the boob area and sleep in a nursing tank. That way everything but the "goods" are covered up making me more comfy, but lo has complete access. Dont know if this helps but thats what helped me. Oh and the tissue 't's are the best as they are light enough to not be too hot.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2luke&jake
I think this might just be a "band-aide" but I cut off a couple longsleeve shirts right under the boob area and sleep in a nursing tank. That way everything but the "goods" are covered up making me more comfy, but lo has complete access. Dont know if this helps but thats what helped me. Oh and the tissue 't's are the best as they are light enough to not be too hot.
Well now I have an idea of an extra use for my arm warmers for cycling!

http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/prod...n_jtt_redirect
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolineb View Post
Well now I have an idea of an extra use for my arm warmers for cycling!

http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/prod...n_jtt_redirect
Those would be perfect! better than the "Carmen Electra Striper" look that I sport! lol Everytime I put those "half" shirts on DH gets jealous
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i guess im the odd one out..i sleep without anything on i was just thinking about wearing something to keep my ds off me all night long. he def thinks its an all night open bar!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #9
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just sleep in a nursing tank. When I remember (aka when I am still awake) I just carefully pull up the flap.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 11-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wear a long sleeve henley with the buttons on the front to bed if its cold so only my boob is out. When he falls asleep I just close up shop!