Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey, where did this forum come from?

And where was it a few weeks ago when I needed it?
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hey, where did this forum come from?

I asked them to make one just for us.. and they did!!! I hope that it helps A LOT Of members!! ((hugs)) mama Ive been following your thread!!

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and in march a girl!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is awesome!! I've always felt so alienated here with my birth because I had to have a C! Nice to have a place to talk about it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
magoose
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
That is awesome!! I've always felt so alienated here with my birth because I had to have a C! Nice to have a place to talk about it.
I agree. I sometimes feel in the cloth diapering community, that I should be expected to have a natural childbirth and go for the VBAC. As much as I would love to, it's just not in the cards for me. I had a c/s with DS, and will have another for this baby. It's really nice to have a place where were can support each other and help each other out when it comes to c/s without being made to feel bad about not having a vaginal birth.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
tryinforthree
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaRN

I agree. I sometimes feel in the cloth diapering community, that I should be expected to have a natural childbirth and go for the VBAC. As much as I would love to, it's just not in the cards for me. I had a c/s with DS, and will have another for this baby. It's really nice to have a place where were can support each other and help each other out when it comes to c/s without being made to feel bad about not having a vaginal birth.
Yes some do make us all feel like we are less of moms and less crunchy because we didn't push them out on our beds or in our bath tubs! I say ewww to both because it's not for me! We actually went back into our family lines and can't find a natural birth in the last 50 years. I knew when I had my first that I would likely have a c/s as that's the pattern my family has been. Not sure why maybe out pelvis is not shaped right or whatever but I love having this forum now!
Wife to an overworked spoiled hubby who is a major brat! DS who is 9 loves to blame the little one DD who is 3 and my drama baby There is always an adventure to be had with them We are currently expecting number 3
tryinforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaRN

Well said mama! I feel exactly the same - having a c/s doesn't make me any less crunchy, lol.

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

Last edited by treegirl75; 12-15-2011 at 12:31 PM.
treegirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I went for a VBAC and lemme tell ya, my genes should not be in the gene pool according to mother nature. Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone? Yup, that's me. Doesn't matter how crunchy I want to be, it ain't happening via the normal exit route.
Nice to see another forum option here for those of us both voluntary and not so voluntary c mamas.
Crazy semi-crunchy scientist mama to 1 DD almost 10 yrs old and DD 2 born July '11. CDing, extended vaxing, ERF, even been known to co-sleep (gasp!), and trying my best to baby wear a very persnickety diva.
MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
Well I went for a VBAC and lemme tell ya, my genes should not be in the gene pool according to mother nature. Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone? Yup, that's me. Doesn't matter how crunchy I want to be, it ain't happening via the normal exit route.
Nice to see another forum option here for those of us both voluntary and not so voluntary c mamas.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
Ended in a second emergency c at 37 + 2 and I was at 5 cm and on the brink of rupturing. Eminent death anyone?
I was at 4 cm and DID rupture, completely. Got two units of blood the next day (in addition to the three units I'd gotten the previous week from the constant bleeding during pregnancy).

So I guess my c-section would fall under the "not-so-voluntary" category.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Been following your LO on FB and praying for him!!
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote