Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He's pinching me

My 11 month old is regularly pinching my breast (hard) while feeding. Not just twiddling the other nipple, but really pinching. My other two didn't do this. Anyone have experience with this? When I try to remove his hand he gets really frustrated.

Is there a purpose to this...like trying to get the milk to flow, or get more milk out?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

My DD does this when tired. I'm bad about letting her because it helps her go to sleep faster... I actually have little scabs on my breasts....I try to keep her nails well groomed...its slowing down some now at 12 moths
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: He's pinching me

my dd was/is an awful pincher. she would use my skin like a lovey, pinching the skin together and rubbing. OWWW!!

When she was little I just removed her hand, which she didn't like, but as she's gotten older, I take her right off the breast, say NO firmly and wait at least to the count of 10 before allowing her to latch back on. She's 11m and she KNOWS that she is hurting mommy.

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
JustTheFiveofUs
Registered Users

One of my 9 mo twins pinches. It really bothers me. I usually remove his hands and tell him "no-no" or "that hurts mommy." I know he doesn't understand yet, but hopefully he'll get the point soon.
JustTheFiveofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD does this. She's a little over a year. It started around 9 months. Every time it happens, I say, ouch, that hurts and grab her hand to make her stop. Yes, it frustrates her. Yes, sometimes she would cry in the middle of the night when I wouldn't let her pinch me. Tough! I'm not immune to pain, NO PINCHING!
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Willum'smom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca View Post
My DD does this. She's a little over a year. It started around 9 months. Every time it happens, I say, ouch, that hurts and grab her hand to make her stop. Yes, it frustrates her. Yes, sometimes she would cry in the middle of the night when I wouldn't let her pinch me. Tough! I'm not immune to pain, NO PINCHING!
This exactly!!! My husband and I also decided on a "phrase" we would both use whenever William is being rough. We say "Ouch" Really loudly and then make a sad/mad face(like it really does hurt) and then "be gentle." Kiddos don't really understand the "negatives" like "No hitting" "no pinching" until a year so when he started being rough with us at 9 months we adopted this wording. It has worked well. A few times he thought I was being funny when I scolded him.... and laughed.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh my DS (14.5 months) does this. It sucks. He just will NOT stop. >.<
He also sticks his finger in my belly button constantly and has even scratched this inside and made me bleed. I tell him no and grab his hands, but he continues as soon as I let go.

Unlatching him doesn't help either. He doesn't respond to any sort of scolding.

Sent from my iPhone. Autocorrect hates me.

Life is good.

Last edited by reithegenki; 01-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibeca
Yep! It's best to nip it in the bud now. It's not ok if your LO is causing you pain. Remove his hand, if he getd upset, that is ok.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
sirgradypants
Registered Users
seller

Location: Living in Hawaii with Navy hubby - from the Jersey shore (the real one!!)
My Mood:
LOL
my 4 month old pinches me HARD. Even when hes done.

My biggest issue now is getting him to stop trying to suck his thumb and nurse at the same time! Geez he wants it all haha
Old 01-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
mama2gavin
Registered Users
seller

My 5 month old has been doing that. I just started sticking her soft lovie on my chest and directing her grabby little fingers to that. It doesn't help 100% of the time but a good chunk of the time, she pinches on it isntead of me.
mama2gavin is offline   Reply With Quote