Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Give me good stories about vaccinations

I want to vaccinate my baby but I'm so scared with all the horror stories out there. Is my baby really going to react and die or become mentally challenged or get ADD if I vaccinate?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

My son was never fully vaxed because he had a birth injury that certain vaxes (pertussis specifically) could cause seizures... but he is also almost 18 years old. DD on the other hand is 18 MONTHS old and I'm doing a delayed schedule. I've been reading just recently about the amounts of alumnium in the vaxes. Basically FDA says a safe amount would be 14 mcgs (or something.. can't remember exact measurements/names) and one vax has like 900 mcgs in it...
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Isn't it true though when you break up the vaccinations you get more adjuvants because you are getting more shots than if you get multiple vaccinations in one shot? I am going to vaccinate because I want to be able to take my child to India and I want my child to be able to travel. I am paranoid enough already, please only good stories about vaccinations.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Isn't it true though when you break up the vaccinations you get more adjuvants because you are getting more shots than if you get multiple vaccinations in one shot? I am going to vaccinate because I want to be able to take my child to India and I want my child to be able to travel. I am paranoid enough already, please only good stories about vaccinations.
May I suggest you do real research? Asking for "only good stories" isn't really the same thing as being fully informed. The Vaccine Book is a good starting point. The book is neihter pro or anti-vax.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
May I suggest you do real research? Asking for "only good stories" isn't really the same thing as being fully informed. The Vaccine Book is a good starting point. The book is neither pro nor anti-vax.

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 01-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

n/a

Last edited by chandni3; 01-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Subbing.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a good story. DS (16 months) is fully vaxed. He already has nearly 100 words, is very social, and does not show signs of any developmental delay. He has never had an adverse reaction to any vaccination, other than being upset that he got a shot.

I also had shingles in the past two weeks, which would have given him chicken pox, had he not had the varicella vaccination last month. I am happy to report that he has had no sign nor symptom of chicken pox at all. (And he's well past the incubation period.)
Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
RM09Mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
I also had shingles in the past two weeks, which would have given him chicken pox, had he not had the varicella vaccination last month. I am happy to report that he has had no sign nor symptom of chicken pox at all. (And he's well past the incubation period.)
Have you considered the possibility that your son's varicella vaccination GAVE you shingles?? It's a live virus vaccine and your child sheds the virus for a few days to a week after receiving the virus (this is also true of the rotavirus vaccine, for the other poster who said she and her husband got it but their kids had a mild case -- how soon after the vaccination did this occur?). When you count the incubation time, it lines up perfectly with when you got shingles. But did your child's doctor EVER mention that side effect of the varicella or rotavirus vaccines?

Read this article for more info -- it sums up a lot of the questions about the varicella vaccine: http://www.compassionatesouls.com/chickenpox.html
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM09Mama View Post
Have you considered the possibility that your son's varicella vaccination GAVE you shingles?? It's a live virus vaccine and your child sheds the virus for a few days to a week after receiving the virus (this is also true of the rotavirus vaccine, for the other poster who said she and her husband got it but their kids had a mild case -- how soon after the vaccination did this occur?). When you count the incubation time, it lines up perfectly with when you got shingles. But did your child's doctor EVER mention that side effect of the varicella or rotavirus vaccines?

Read this article for more info -- it sums up a lot of the questions about the varicella vaccine: http://www.compassionatesouls.com/chickenpox.html
Unfortunately, the person writing this blog article has their facts backwards.

While it is true that it is remotely possible for someone with shingles to infect someone with chickenpox, it is not possible the other way around. It is also possible (remotely) for someone who has never had chickenpox to contract chickenpox from someone who has recently had the vaccine (and becomes contagious). However, exposure to chickenpox (wild or vaccine) does not cause shingles. In fact periodic exposure to chickenpox is believed to lessen an individual's likelihood of contracting shingles. This is actually a reason that scientists believe that more younger people are contracting shingles - because with the varicella vaccine, young adults are exposed less frequently to children who have chickenpox.

Shingles comes from a reactivation fo the varicella zoster virus. It is caused primarily by stress or in people who are immunocompromised.