Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Talking Happy Heinys Sizing help

Looking for sizing help for Happy Heinys pockets and fitteds!

My son is 16 months old, 24-25 pounds, and about 35". He has a long torso with a rise that measures about 17-18" with thin thighs (about 8"). I want a diaper that will last him until potty training.

He needs a stay dry layer to prevent rashes. I have some Thirsties hemp inserts that I will use in the inside so I am not concerned if inserts are included or not.

Anyone have experience with the sized pockets vs. OS pocket? AND new style vs. old style?

What about sized fitteds vs. OS fitted? (I heard the sized fitteds run small)

Thanks for the help!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
bigmamakelsey's Avatar
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montana
Posts: 9,624
My Mood:
Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help

I don't know about the pockets, but IMO the heiny hugger sized fitteds definitely run large. I got a size large for DS when he was almost 2 and nearly 30lbs, and it was laughably huge. Go for a medium for sure!
__________________
K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
I don't know about the pockets, but IMO the heiny hugger sized fitteds definitely run large. I got a size large for DS when he was almost 2 and nearly 30lbs, and it was laughably huge. Go for a medium for sure!
Thanks mama!What is the difference between the the heiny hugger & the hemp fitted? Bc I heard those run small.
Anyone else?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help

The old style Happy Heiny Pockets run big. For that reason I really like them. My 2.5 year old who is 31lbs and 36 or 37in and very stocky has plenty of room in the OS and the large. He even still fits the medium. I got some when he was about 16 months and 25/26lbs and just starting to walk. He wore them one snap down at that time.

i haven't tried the new style but I was talking to the owner of our local CD store and she said they run smaller but not a ton smaller.
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
The old style Happy Heiny Pockets run big. For that reason I really like them. My 2.5 year old who is 31lbs and 36 or 37in and very stocky has plenty of room in the OS and the large. He even still fits the medium. I got some when he was about 16 months and 25/26lbs and just starting to walk. He wore them one snap down at that time.

i haven't tried the new style but I was talking to the owner of our local CD store and she said they run smaller but not a ton smaller.
Thanks mama! Do you think the OS would be a better investment?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help

I would go with the OS. they look a little bulkly but in reality I have been able to get them under his jeans the entire time I have used them... they are pretty trim. I like that the pocket is pretty big so it makes double stuffin for night much easier.

i also use them at night with the MF insert and a pad folded green edge DR prefold. Works great
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
I would go with the OS. they look a little bulkly but in reality I have been able to get them under his jeans the entire time I have used them... they are pretty trim. I like that the pocket is pretty big so it makes double stuffin for night much easier.

i also use them at night with the MF insert and a pad folded green edge DR prefold. Works great
Thanks again! I just bought one of FSOT! Yeah
Have you tried the happy hempy fitteds? I have made my own fitteds which I love but never have the time to sew to make more!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help

No i have tried the fitteds. just the pockets.

Hope it works for you.
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
No i have tried the fitteds. just the pockets.

Hope it works for you.
Thanks again! One
More question if you don't mind. Their website says the solid colors are more leak proof than the prints. Have you notice any difference?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: small town USA
Posts: 5,419
My Mood:
Re: Happy Heinys Sizing help

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Thanks again! One
More question if you don't mind. Their website says the solid colors are more leak proof than the prints. Have you notice any difference?

I have prints and solids and neither leak for me
__________________
wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.