Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Blossom of Snow
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone else weather sensitive??

As I'm sitting here, typing this, I can feel the low pressure system moving in that's supposed to arrive overnight. My head feels like a rock is sitting on top of it and my joints are starting to ache. Now, I've always been sensitive to the barometric pressure, but usually only when it changes suddenly. If this keeps up I'm not gonna make it through spring (I live in Arkansas, we're known for our stormy springs).

Just curious if any of y'all are like me and noticed a greater sensitivity during pregnancy? I don't remember with DD and I'm currently....25 wks? I can't keep track

~Michelle
Blossom of Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else weather sensitive??

I'm not more sensitive in pregnancy, but I can always "feel" the weather changing. And I know when it changes. When I was little my family timed the hay cutting/baling according to my "barometric" headaches!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Me!! I get headaches or migraines when the system changes. I absolutely hate it and it mainly occurs with low fronts coming in. Fortunately this pregnancy decreased the migraines, but the headaches feel like they could turn into one. I usually end up taking 2 extra strength tylenol and drink a very small amount of coke to keep it from turning into a migraine. When I'm not pregnant I take excedrin instead.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am, it gets worse during pregnancy. I have for the last 10 years or so gotten pressure headaches when the weather changes but during pregnancy it is far worse. Some of that is due to the fact I can't take Advil and Sinutabs to help with the pain.

At least my migraines go away when preggo.
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Blossom of Snow
Registered Users

My Mood:

(So I learned that I have to 'subscribe' if I want updates on threads...)

Wow, know one else I know gets pressure headaches. Since my first post we've had like 5 thunderstorms and 3/5 gave me a headache. Ugh, if only I could take ibuprofen! At least I haven't had one turn into a migraine yet /fingerscrossed.
Blossom of Snow is offline   Reply With Quote