Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
amykins04
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Getting frustrated with starting to cloth diaper

I recently decided to cloth diaper. My daughter is really long but skinny so I knew trying to find a diaper that would fit her right would be somewhat of a challenge. I have tried GoGreen Champ, Sunbaby 4.0 size 1, Softbums Omni, Oh Katy, Fuzzibunz Elite, BG Freetime, Best Bottoms, Swaddlebees Simplex size small, and FB size small. I thought the Omni fit good but after trying the FB Elite on one more time, decided that one was the best. But then I got the Sunbaby in the mail today, and it seems somewhat more trim, but kind of gaps at the legs. I guess I'm just getting frustrated because I'm not exactly sure how it's suppose to fit. How tight around the thighs/waist? The GoGreen and Oh Katy fit horrible, way too big. BG Freetime gapped around the legs bad. Best Bottoms was horrible fit overall too. I like the Elite because it doesn't have a snap rise, and because it's more adjustable, but sometimes I feel like it is too tight.

Anyways, instead of just continuing to ramble I'm gonna get down to my ultimate question: How do you know when you have a good fit? I haven't actually started cding yet, just trying them on her. I haven't washed anything, etc. I feel like I know which one fits her and then I try them all on her again and then it doesn't seem to fit her as good as I thought it did.

Sorry to ramble, I'm just frustrated and am about to just return everything and go back to sposies, which I don't really want to do but I'm just getting overly stressed. Thanks for any feedback anyone can give me.

PS- I do have a BG 4.0 otw, should be here Friday. That's the only other diaper I think "might" have a chance. And if you couldn't tell, I prefer pockets, or possibly an AI2.
amykins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting frustrated with starting to cloth diaper

have you tried snapping teh rise shorter on the ones that are gapping at the legs?

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
MomBecks
Registered Users

FuzziBunz Elites are a great fit on skinny babies! Run your finger around the legs and waist to see if there's a snug fit without being overly tight. You'll probably want to just go ahead and use them a few times to see if you have leaks from a too loose fit or red marks from a too tight fit before you invest in more. Good luck and keep asking questions!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
MomBecks
Registered Users

Oh, and GroVia AI2s are good on skinny babies as well. Hopefully someone else will chime in who has a skinny mini!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
amykins04
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
Oh, and GroVia AI2s are good on skinny babies as well. Hopefully someone else will chime in who has a skinny mini!
Yeah I've heard Grovias are good for skinny babes too but for some reason I have trouble with snap rises. Whenever I am putting them on her, they come undone (especially the Oh Katys). So then I'm trying to resnap them while the diaper is on her and she is a squirmer during diaper changes and it just enhances my frustration. Are there any other diapers that have adjustable elastic legs like the FB Elite and Omni/Echo?
amykins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
nahrie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykins04 View Post
Are there any other diapers that have adjustable elastic legs like the FB Elite and Omni/Echo?
Sprout Change makes ones that not only have adjustable leg elastic, but so is the waist. And they reverse so that you can have either a front snapping or a side snapping diaper. They're an AI2 though, as opposed to a pocket. For an added bonus, you can get them in either wool or PUL and they inserts are organic.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahrie View Post
Sprout Change makes ones that not only have adjustable leg elastic, but so is the waist. And they reverse so that you can have either a front snapping or a side snapping diaper. They're an AI2 though, as opposed to a pocket. For an added bonus, you can get them in either wool or PUL and they inserts are organic.
I had this open and didn't refresh before I posted, you beat me to it, haha! We definitely had the same idea.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you need a side snapping diaper to me!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

I don't have babies, but I would suggest looking into the Sprout Change System. The waist and legs have different elastics and it's a one size diaper, plus it's reversible, so you get two colors out of it! It should get small enough for your LO's legs. HTH.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could post a pic with her in a dipe to have the mamas see what they think. Just because it may not be snug in the leg does not mean it will leak. All my dipes are lose in the leg and I have never had a leak out a leg. Just the top and that was because I was securing them to tightly and was getting compression leaks.
Don't give up mama. You will love cd once you get going. I have a Grovia AIO that I could send to you for you to try and then you could send it back to me.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote