Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Helping a friend's rashy baby

I'm trying to talk her into trying CD's, but her pediatrician told her that all CD's would leave wetness next to her baby's skin and make the rash worse. Maybe so for pf's, but I kind of I doubt that's true for the pockets or AIO's; what has anyone else found? Also, can anyone share with me the links about the carcinogens and other dangers found in sposie gels? Thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 AM   #2
tntmommy
Registered Users

Re: Helping a friend's rashy baby

As long as there is a polyester layer (like fleece) next to the skin, the wetness doesn't sit against the skin. That doc is WRONG! (and obviously is unknowledgable about today's cloth). Also, I use sherpa/velour against the skin a lot (either 10 or 20% poly) and it has never caused wetness rash.
tntmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

here's the link that convinced me http://earthyfamily.com/diapering.htm i love this site, and the family is so sweet and helpful if you ever have any questions, they e-mail you right back! the whole earthy baby and earthy toddler sections are extremely helpful. enjoy the reading, hopefully it convinces your friend...seconding wetness is NOT the leading cause of rash...the chemicals are
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It also depends on what is causing the rash. DD had a bad allergy to disposables. Even just putting her in one for an hour, and she'd start getting the rash back. Within a few days of moving to cloth diapers (and this was just prefolds and wraps), the rash that nothing was helping went away.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

www.realdiaperassociation.com has some info on chemicals, landfills, etc.

some good fleece liners will t otally work w/ prefolds. I don't use prefolds, butI have fleece liners I use w/ my fitteds. Personally, I think fleece stays dryer against baby's skin than suedecloth. I use both BGs and FBs for my pockets, and I feel that the fleece is dryer than the suedecloth when its wet.