Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
ssgrobswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Multiple c section question.

Unsure of where this would go..

I'm on my third pregnancy, 29 weeks and I've had two prior sections, this one will be #3.

For whatever reason I continuously have ridiculously sharp pains in my pelvic area. More so then my last two. I'm assuming basically from my body just stretching and what not. But, today I went to get out of bed and had what I would describe as a popping, burning sensation right on my incision site. Hurt so bad I had to immediately lay down, apply pressure, and not move.

Anyone experience this? It's not the first time it's happened, but definitely the worst.

BFing, CDing, Baby Wearing Momma here!!

ssgrobswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

No, I would call my ob immediately. Could be a torn ligament or something wrong with your incision. I would guess the former from the pop sound. I hope you feel better!!! This is #3 for me too! Good luck!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ashersmomoo; 03-08-2012 at 08:06 PM.
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Re: Multiple c section question.

I'd definitely check in with my doc too. I go by the better to be safe then sorry philosophy. I do know that I experienced different feelings with my insision site this past pregnancy that were all fine, just my body stretching and changing.
WAHM wife to DH since 2004, momma to ds 2005, dd 2007 and our latest edition dd June 2011! We are a homeschooling, bfeeding, clothdiapering, babywearing family! Making diapers has become my obsession! http://www.etsy.com/shop/anibows?ref=si_shop , http://www.anibows.com/anibums---diapers.html
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I also had this with my 4th pregnancy (3rd c-section baby). The doctor said the pain is due to a decrease of blood flow to the scar tissue after multiple c/s and because of the pregnancy everything is stretching, but it's painful because that part is not getting good flow. Said it's totally normal and was not worried at all! I was like, "It feels like the baby is just gonna pop through the incision also!" Again, he was not worried. Didn't end up being a problem, but it sure does hurt!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
HeatherDanae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 c-sections, going on my 5th, and although yes, there is definitely pain with your ligaments and body stretching, I've never heard a "popping" sound. I would call your OB immediately. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to past incisions.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
ssgrobswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I appreciate y'alls feedback. I spoke with the nurse at my ob's today and explained to her exactly what happened and she insisted I was/am just constipated. Which I'm not.. Being my third pregnancy, I know the difference lol. But anyway, she recommended a warm compress and Tylenol. I maybe making a trip to the hospital, otherwise I'll wait it out til Tuesday with my appt with my perinatologist. So we shall see. I have SPD, which I'm use too.. But this is different than that. Also different from the regular ligament pain we all experience from multiple sections.

BFing, CDing, Baby Wearing Momma here!!

ssgrobswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgrobswifey
I appreciate y'alls feedback. I spoke with the nurse at my ob's today and explained to her exactly what happened and she insisted I was/am just constipated. Which I'm not.. Being my third pregnancy, I know the difference lol. But anyway, she recommended a warm compress and Tylenol. I maybe making a trip to the hospital, otherwise I'll wait it out til Tuesday with my appt with my perinatologist. So we shall see. I have SPD, which I'm use too.. But this is different than that. Also different from the regular ligament pain we all experience from multiple sections.
Good luck! Let us know what they say! Although, why on earth would she say constipated??? Lol. Bizarre. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'd take it easy and if you feel worse (or not better), just go in.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

It could have been scar tissue and adhesions breaking up. The layers can heal together and then split apart again when stretched out.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Constipation! Ha ha ha. That's crazy. I've been constipated and never heard a popping sound with pain! Wow, anyway, I'm guessing scar adhesion breaking, which should feel better if loosed now. I would still have it checked out. Are you due for an ultrasound soon? Maybe they can scan the area or scar.

Last edited by Designsbybequi; 03-13-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Designsbybequi is offline   Reply With Quote