Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Breast pads?

I used the disposable lasinoh ones with my first two and hated them. They would make me so itchy and rashy and I ended up going without which was just a laundry pain. This time I want to use reusable pads. So far I have three bamboobie sets but need a few more, preferably cheap, sets. Any recommendations? I think I need 1-2 more with pul backing and 1-2 more that are breathable. Thanks!
carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
bonniebrad
Registered Users

Re: Breast pads?

I bought some bububii, i think they were, bamboo with no pul. Im a heavey leaker, but these worked great! I wish i bought them with my 1st
bonniebrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use mine and love velour topped with a zorb core. for waterproof(i leak a ton) i like wool.
i have a bunch instock and can do grab bags. you choose fabric(obv, ocv, minkee or flannel upper) and non waterprrof, PUL or fleece backing. mix and match. 3 pairs for 16ppd, 5 for 26ppd
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops

Last edited by shortcake2386; 03-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Laurshar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got mine wahm made by Lillies and Jasmine, and they rock. Seriously, I love them. She has a giant selection and is really reasonably priced. I have some velour topped and PUL backed overnight ones from her and they are wonderful. Plus, it's wayyyyyyyyy nicer to support a wahm vs. a huge company.
Lauren, mama to C & D, owner of Triquetra. Currently TTC baby #3! My ISO/IHA
Laurshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
LilyOlivesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorite! http://www.abbyslane.com/Knickernapp...Pads_p_11.html
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
bkmd519
Registered Users
seller

YES on the Kinickernappies from Abbyslane.com! My son is 3 months old, and I'd been using the Lansinoh pads. I really wanted to switch to washable (disposable are expensive and scratchy), but after reading so many reviews, it seemed that the washable ones were basically for people who just had some moistness. I, on the other hand, am more Niagra Falls =). My son is a big kahuna, and he goes on nursing binges for a day or two, and then the next day, goes back to normal. This leaves me with a crazy oversupply (especially at night). When I nurse one side, the other pours out. These pads are CRAZY good! I ordered one set as a "trial", and loooove them. I have 2 more sets on order as we speak. The only thing I will say is that with my super thin/stretchy "wear around the house bra", and a thin kind of fitted tshirt, you can see them through my clothes. But with a thicker nursing bra and/or looser shirt, I don't think it'd be a problem. But man, I love these things. Plus, Abby's Lane is awesome, I got them the day after I ordered (!) and when you use the code "sunshine" you get 5% so these things are cheap. Whew, that was a long post about nursing pads =)
bkmd519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmd519 View Post
YES on the Kinickernappies from Abbyslane.com! My son is 3 months old, and I'd been using the Lansinoh pads. I really wanted to switch to washable (disposable are expensive and scratchy), but after reading so many reviews, it seemed that the washable ones were basically for people who just had some moistness. I, on the other hand, am more Niagra Falls =). My son is a big kahuna, and he goes on nursing binges for a day or two, and then the next day, goes back to normal. This leaves me with a crazy oversupply (especially at night). When I nurse one side, the other pours out. These pads are CRAZY good! I ordered one set as a "trial", and loooove them. I have 2 more sets on order as we speak. The only thing I will say is that with my super thin/stretchy "wear around the house bra", and a thin kind of fitted tshirt, you can see them through my clothes. But with a thicker nursing bra and/or looser shirt, I don't think it'd be a problem. But man, I love these things. Plus, Abby's Lane is awesome, I got them the day after I ordered (!) and when you use the code "sunshine" you get 5% so these things are cheap. Whew, that was a long post about nursing pads =)

Thanks for the info...I had the same problem with my son...being "like niagra falls". I like how you put that. I might have to check these out for #2.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

My only advice is NOT to use Lily Pads silicone nursing pads. they stop you from leaking altogether and i got mastitis because of that.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Mama2abc&d
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
My only advice is NOT to use Lily Pads silicone nursing pads. they stop you from leaking altogether and i got mastitis because of that.
Lily pads caused me to get mastitis also.

I have some wool ones from Lana Care. I leak right through those. I also have Bamboobies regular and overnight pads. They are ok. The regular ones are thin and have a waterproof back. The overnights are nice and thick but I wish they had a waterproof backing on them.
I need to try some different ones.
Mama2abc&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
carolinaem
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!
carolinaem is offline   Reply With Quote