Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Avent ISIS iQ DUO Pump?

I did post this in the Pumping Support forum, but wanted to get some more eyes on my question. I hope that is ok!

What do you ladies know about the Avent ISIS iQ DUO Electric Breast Pump? I have a Medela Swing that my cousin gave me...but it has gone through two babies now (her DD and my DD). The Swing was fine for me, since I only work two days a week, and didn't go back to work until DD was 6 mo old. I probably will do something similar work-wise with this babe again (due in May). But anyway, my BIL & SIL are selling their Avent pump which she only used infrequently for a month - max. They are asking $150 on Craigslist and said they would come down to $125 for me. I have never really heard of anyone that had an Avent before...

Last edited by sunyflwr; 04-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Avent ISIS iQ DUO Pump?

This is the only pump I could use with success. I got NO milk with my medela pumps but with this pump I was able to pump 3X a day at work for my DS for an entire year. He was breastfed until 17 months.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanasmom View Post
This is the only pump I could use with success. I got NO milk with my medela pumps but with this pump I was able to pump 3X a day at work for my DS for an entire year. He was breastfed until 17 months.
ditto just about all of this.
I love my isis duo! I found it much more comfortable than the medela, and I was also able to get much more milk from my Avent. I exclusively pumped my DD for a year with the Avent.......it held up just fine and I thought the suction was more than adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

$125 is a good price. The duo is a completely closed system, so it is one pump I would buy used......especially from someone I knew.

Last edited by gigismomma; 03-17-2012 at 07:44 PM.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismomma

$125 is a good price. The duo is a completely closed system, so it is one pump I would buy used......especially from someone I knew.
I just noticed I can get a brand new Avent double electric from Walmart for $170. I wonder why the price went down so much? My ILs said they bought theirs for nearly $300 two years ago.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
gigismomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyflwr View Post
I just noticed I can get a brand new Avent double electric from Walmart for $170. I wonder why the price went down so much? My ILs said they bought theirs for nearly $300 two years ago.
wow, that is cheap! I bought mine for $300 nearly 3 years ago. Maybe if they knew it was selling at Walmart for $170 right now, they might even give it to you much cheaper.
gigismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismomma

wow, that is cheap! I bought mine for $300 nearly 3 years ago. Maybe if they knew it was selling at Walmart for $170 right now, they might even give it to you much cheaper.
I wish. BIL is saying price is firm since he would have to ship it to me. And since SIL barely used it.

Wondering though if the new Avents are different from yours and SILs since yours are older...
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
boilerbebeRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have one and loved it when I used it. The suction is super strong. In fact its stronger than my Medela pump. I'm not wilting anymore and hardly ever pumping so my hubby says I need I sell one of the pumps. The Avent I have is in EEEUC. I would sell it to you for $100 shipped if you're interested. I have pix. Still in original box with everything it came with including DVD an storage cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Lindsay..::100% in love with the best guy in the world, Matt (married 9.05.09)::..::furrr-Mommy to Mimi (03.08.05)::..::and passionate labor & delivery nurse for the last 10 years! And now turned SAHM! And now loving Everleigh Maryn 07.28.11TTC #2 since 7.2013
boilerbebeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
boilerbebeRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My post should say I'm not WORKING anymore (wilting?? really, autocorrect?!?!). Haha!
Lindsay..::100% in love with the best guy in the world, Matt (married 9.05.09)::..::furrr-Mommy to Mimi (03.08.05)::..::and passionate labor & delivery nurse for the last 10 years! And now turned SAHM! And now loving Everleigh Maryn 07.28.11TTC #2 since 7.2013
boilerbebeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My opinion: A+!!! This is THE ONLY PUMP FOR ME. I got mine about 2 years ago for $260 off amazon and it is amazing. The cones have a gel liner that goes in them so its really comfortable and I like that you can set your own rhythm instead of having it suck at you like an automatic milking machine As a pp mentioned, its a closed system so you never have to worry about milk getting in the lines. The bag it comes with is roomy and discreet. I used it daily for almost a year working full time and pumped up to 30 oz/day with it. Much more than I ever got with Medela. Also the valves are cheap to replace once they wear out (I replace about every 4 months) I think its 12 dollars for a pack of 6. $170 is a great price for this awesome pump!!!
Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought mine when it was new on the market when my son was a baby (he'll be 7 in July). It is awesome. You can change the speed and length of each pump making it much more effective than other pumps. You control what it is by pumping with the manual part and then it takes over doing the rhythm you did. If you don't like it (too fast or not enough), you can use the manual part and reset it as many times as you need to.