Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

What to wear during labor?

This just occurred to me! I'm delivering at a birth center which means I can skip the extra breezy hospital gown, lol. But...what do I wear? The mw's suggested just a really big t-shirt, but that seems like it would be awkward for nursing right after baby is born. And I'm sure it won't matter as much during labor but the thought of my entire butt hanging out the whole time I'm in labor is not very appealing to me. What did/will you wear?
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to wear during labor?

I have a couple knee length tub top dresses(red and black), that I am thinking of wearing/taking with me. I figured that would help me be somewhat covered up but still have access to top and bottom.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
MrsHappyGoLucky
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can search labor or delivery gowns on Etsy and they have some wonderful options! They're also practical with snaps on the shoulders to make breastfeeding easier
MrsHappyGoLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wore nothing for 1 & 2. I didn't care and I was hot but both came in only 1 hour from the time I got to the hospital. #3 I wore their gown. I just didn't care. Why get something I own yucky and have to wash it when I get home.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvof3boyz View Post
I wore nothing for 1 & 2. I didn't care and I was hot but both came in only 1 hour from the time I got to the hospital. #3 I wore their gown. I just didn't care. Why get something I own yucky and have to wash it when I get home.
I wore nothing with my first son as well! I couldn't stand to have clothes on me during labor! With my c-sections, I just wear the hospital gowns in the hospital during recovery... I bleed a lot and go through a few gowns a day there because of leaking, blood pools. On the day to go home, then I put on one of my old night gowns with pj pants...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I planned to wear an extra long tank with DD but ended up taking that off. With this LO I made a birthing skirt and I'll choose a tank to wear as well. You'll likely get hot a sweaty and I would hate having a shirt on that loose while sweating. Most likely I'll end up naked again

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #7
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a very modest person usually, but in labor I do not care who sees what. I wore a bathing suit top and that was it for my tub birth yesterday.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

I labored in the water so just a nursing bra. I also was at birth center. Ours had extra night gowns if yours was no good.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
gruverschick
Registered Users

I wore a big t shirt with a pair of goucho pants. Just took the pants off when they wanted to check me then lost them completely shortly before baby was born. The nurse helped me get my shirt off after DD was born.
gruverschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say nothing, that's just me though, I hate clothing when I labor Or, you could do a forgiving sports bra to cover your top and a loose fitting skirt like these from ON http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=898555002
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote