Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you build a freezer stash without causing oversupply issues? DS2 is just over a week old. I would like to build a freezer stash so DH and I can have a date night sometimes. Not thinking any time soon but he eats like DS1 so I will need a good freezer stash for when we go out. Any tips would be helpful thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
steaniepie
Registered Users
seller

Re: building a freezer stash

I ave an over supply and it is not a problem for me. I work and pump more at one sitting hat she takes at one time. I don't usually pump unless I'm at work. I like the security of having a freezer stash. I take an herbal supplement by vitamin a to boost my supply.
steaniepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would wait until 6-8 weeks, when your supply is more regulated, before pumping. After that, I would just pump a little between feedings. Not enough to "empty" your breasts, maybe just a few ounces.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Wait until 4-6 weeks. I start buy pumping while they nap, or right after bed, just to get a little, and slowly save up. Then we do 1 bottle a day while I pump. Since mine only nurse one side, I usually get more than they eat so I can save it
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
mamIIboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Like pp I wait until LOs are 6+ weeks & then pump the side LO doesn't nurse in the in the morning while LO nurses. My LOs typically only nurse 1 side at a time unless going through a growth spurtso this works or me. This take advantage of having a greater milk supply in AM & the natural let down from LO.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
e_roehm23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm, I've never heard of waiting until 4-6 weeks, but that's just me. I always pump right after my first nursing in the am. Usually like 6 am or so, because I was always told that's when your body makes the most milk (early in the morning) Anyway, I usually pump first thing and get about 2-3 oz in the first couple months, then 5-7+ oz in the later months.

My ISO/IHA http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1327857
e_roehm23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
lilmomma83
Registered Users

I would just pump once each morning...your supply should be a bit higher at that point and your body will just know to make extra milk then but a regular amount throughout the day. It worked really well for me to do that and I got a pretty big stash from it :-)
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_roehm23
Hmmm, I've never heard of waiting until 4-6 weeks, but that's just me. I always pump right after my first nursing in the am. Usually like 6 am or so, because I was always told that's when your body makes the most milk (early in the morning) Anyway, I usually pump first thing and get about 2-3 oz in the first couple months, then 5-7+ oz in the later months.
Agreed.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I pumped after my first morning feeding with all my guys, consistently for 6 months or so. I always tried to pump after one more feeding throughout the day also. I was able to have 600oz on hand here and donate additional milk to two friends.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
JulieHyphenAnn
Registered Users
seller

Just try pumping a bit immediately after any feeding. That way you're already "in the flow" and it's not as hard to get going.
JulieHyphenAnn is offline   Reply With Quote