Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Would you be interested in these?

I call them Hide & Squeak bags. I started a page on FB and have sold a few to friends and family. Do you think it's something you would buy for your child or as a gift for someone else's?

Description: Hide & Squeak bags are sturdy, double-sewn fabric bags filled with poly-beads and charms (and an optional squeaker) that wander around inside the bag, waiting to be found through the clear plastic window. Find a specific item, look for colors, play I Spy, and more. Each bag comes with a card listing the contents. Hide & Squeak bags make great car toys because there are no pieces to lose!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3234315&type=3

ETA - also, they are currently made entirely of upcycled materials with the exception of the poly filler - all the charms, fabric, and ribbon are reclaimed from thrift store bins or other sources.

Last edited by Leiiki; 03-30-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
blathnat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you be interested in these?

That is really cute. I would be interested in something like that.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Cute! I love the chicken one!
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like them. I see them on HC and Etsy as "I Spy Bags". Check out the competition.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I like them. I see them on HC and Etsy as "I Spy Bags". Check out the competition.
Wow, looks like alot of folks with similar ideas! Some follow up questions:

-Does the upcycled material factor make you more likely to purchase one version of a similar product over another made with all-new materials?

-Do you think anyone will want the squeakers? I like including them because DD loves her squeak bag and it doesn't bother me, but DH thinks most people won't like the noise.

-Do you think my pricing seems fair? From the Etsy results, it looks like I am making generally larger bags and offer a few unique features. I used the formula of cost + labor x 2, which I understand is pretty common?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Wow, looks like alot of folks with similar ideas! Some follow up questions:

-Does the upcycled material factor make you more likely to purchase one version of a similar product over another made with all-new materials?

-Do you think anyone will want the squeakers? I like including them because DD loves her squeak bag and it doesn't bother me, but DH thinks most people won't like the noise.

-Do you think my pricing seems fair? From the Etsy results, it looks like I am making generally larger bags and offer a few unique features. I used the formula of cost + labor x 2, which I understand is pretty common?
I'm going to be honest, please don't take it as rude, k?

1. I-Spy bags have been around for a lonnnnngggggg time and generally are price between $10-$15.

2. I like the handle on yours, and the squeaky toy will make it very appealing to children, but maybe not so much the parent. I'm soon to be a mother of 5 children, can you imagine 5 of those squeakers going off all at once?

3. The larger the bag the heavier they will be for young children to manipulate.

4. I'm not into re-purposed material for childrens toys b/c children like to chew on things and you just never know where the fabric has been.

Overall, I really like the idea of the handle on the bag, the fabric is cute, and I'm iffy on the squeakers lol Maybe you can set that as optional? The handle adds a nice new take on the I-spy bag!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The reason I haven't bought one is because I didn't see a print that I liked, the listings had terrible pictures, and the stuff inside didn't seem interesting. Quality is also a major concern since kids will play rough with these and they can't break. I like that yours is a little bigger, the squeaker sounds cool, and $20 is a good place to start. I don't really care about up cycled materials or not. Cute stuff from the scrap bin would be good too.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

So its $20? I don't know...seems pricey to me but I have no idea what the cost is for the filler and such. I like the idea but there are A LOT of similar items out there so lots of competition.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like them!

Jen
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the idea and I like the sturdiness factor. I also like the card with the list (I assume a picture list?) of items to find in the bags.

ETA- i think squeekers should be optional, as I would hate that. I can see how some kids would like it, but i'd think they would best be used in a car, dr. office, some place where you want the kid entertained but quiet.

Last edited by tygr2410; 04-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote