Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
who has a radian??

do you like them? why?
do u not like tham, why?
issues?

they seem to be great, rear face for a long time, steel frame... imgetting sold on these , but i want ur opinions on them thanks mamas!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:
Re: who has a radian??

Love mine. Kid looks really comfortable, easy install (for us), frame isn't plastic, needed it for erf heavy kid.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
genevievej84
Registered Users

I have a RadianXT. I love it and I hate it. I love that my son is very comfortable and it will keep him RF for a very long time (4-5 years at the rate my kids grow). I HATE that it is so hard to adjust the harness tightness when it's rear facing. It's a racheting harness adjuster, not a smooth one, and I hate it.

It can be hard to install in some cars, but it works very well in mine.
genevievej84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have two radians and a frontier (three cars). I LOVE the frontier (my son is 4 and FF at this point). Dh LOVES the radians. We have had no problem installing them in any of our cars. We even travel with them. They are heavy but we love them. They can be tricky to install in some cars but my son is JUMBO sized (born at 11 lbs 7 oz, and 35 lbs at 18 months old) so we had no real other choices out there.

ETA: just so folks don't think I have some super fat kiddo, my son is very proportionate. He's always been in the 97% for height too. So tall and hefty. That means we need big seats.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We LOVE ours, easy instal ( harder in smaller vehicles for rfing infants because of angle and room from front seat) I cannot say anything bad about the seat, its heavy but we dont take it in and out very often so its not a big deal. DS is very comfy in it and has never complained about being uncomfortable.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Love ours. My only complaint is the stupid wings on the xtsl don't stay up, that gets frustrating. We also don't have any problems getting a good install.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

We have three 80SL and love them, the install isn't always the easiest but once it's in, they are nice and secure. My kids think they're comfortable and I love that they are narrow.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I have 5! and 1 nautilus. Obviously I LOVE mine. We have 3 kids and 2 cars. I have 3 radians in DH's 2 door cavalier and I have 2 RF radians and then the Nautilus in my ford taurus. I love them because I get a rock solid install in both cars, I can fit them in the cavalier (barely but they fit), I REALLY like the low profile of the sides of the seat, I don't have to lift anyone up and over (a huge complaint I have with many other seats but especially the true fit). Anyways, I love everything except how the straps tighten (not one smooth motion)

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #9
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
Anyways, I love everything except how the straps tighten (not one smooth motion)
Agreed!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Late to this party but wanted to add my voice to the "Hate It" group.... i own one ONLY because it is narrow. I would replace it in a heartbeat if i could. It is so stinky finicky..... its the car seat equivalent of a hormonal pregnant lady if you ask me. Is it well made? Yes. Is it comfy for my child? Yes.... is it a giant pain in the butt to move/reinstall? Yes. Is it flippin impossible to tighten? Yes.

I would soooo buy a Foonf just to see if i could rid myself of the Radian contraption..... but with our current situation $500 isn't going to happen right now. But i would throw that stupid seat away tomorrow if i could!