Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
3babesandadane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
MMAO in FSOT

Is it true that when listing something in FSOT you are required to list an asking price and not just "make me an offer". I think I read somewhere that this was a rule? If it isn't, it should be!

I've found listings asking for offers without any sort of asking price is unfair, and a bit frustrating. Especially highly sought after items.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MMAO in FSOT

Yes, it is a rule that prices are required on ALL FSOT listings. You can report the thread by clicking on the triangle in the bottom left of the original post and a mod. will let them know.

Here's the rule:

Can I sell my FSOT item Auction style on DS?
No, we do not allow items to be sold auction style on DS. Even if it is carried out via pm. All items listed on FSOT must contain a set price. We allow Items to be listed with OBO ONLY if the best offer would be less than the original asking price.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
3babesandadane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes
Yes, it is a rule that prices are required on ALL FSOT listings. You can report the thread by clicking on the triangle in the bottom left of the original post and a mod. will let them know.

Here's the rule:

Can I sell my FSOT item Auction style on DS?
No, we do not allow items to be sold auction style on DS. Even if it is carried out via pm. All items listed on FSOT must contain a set price. We allow Items to be listed with OBO ONLY if the best offer would be less than the original asking price.
THANK YOU!!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
basMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yup, it is a rule and frankly I find that very frustrating as well. Although, I think sometimes sellers are unaware of that rule, perhaps it should be posted in pain sight. I'm thinking they don't realize that when some posters (including me) post MMAO it means lower than original asking price.
basMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
3babesandadane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by basMama
Yup, it is a rule and frankly I find that very frustrating as well. Although, I think sometimes sellers are unaware of that rule, perhaps it should be posted in pain sight. I'm thinking they don't realize that when some posters (including me) post MMAO it means lower than original asking price.
I agree, many people are probably unaware of the rule, maybe it could be a stickied, or added to the FSOT seller rules in plain sight.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3babesandadane View Post
I agree, many people are probably unaware of the rule, maybe it could be a stickied, or added to the FSOT seller rules in plain sight.

It's in this red sticky Info on how to buy, sell and trade on DS - it's under 'General FAQs for FSOT.

Unfortunately, most people do not read the 'red stickys' or many of rules on here...they just jump in and sell and for those that have returned from a long break they don't always familiarize themselves with any possible changes/updates since they were last here.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes View Post
It's in this red sticky Info on how to buy, sell and trade on DS - it's under 'General FAQs for FSOT.

Unfortunately, most people do not read the 'red stickys' or many of rules on here...they just jump in and sell and for those that have returned from a long break they don't always familiarize themselves with any possible changes/updates since they were last here.
Exactly. I don't know how much bolder and more "stickied" it can get, really. Same with the PP fee thing. It's right there in red sticky! Read it, people!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel like giving this a little bump...
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I don't like when there isn't a price listed. I never make an offer without a starting price first. If it is something I want, I'll PM the seller and ask what he/she wants for it. And of course, they always give me a price, but then why not put it in the listing?
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw.mutter View Post
Yes, I don't like when there isn't a price listed. I never make an offer without a starting price first. If it is something I want, I'll PM the seller and ask what he/she wants for it. And of course, they always give me a price, but then why not put it in the listing?
If there is no price in the listing it needs to be reported.