Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Toddler removed diaper last night

ah, the joys of toddler hood! DS is 20 months old, and generally sleeps from about 7pm to 7am, but some nights he'll go down at 8pm. Last night he got to stay up till 8 because his grandma was visiting, so he was not happy about going to bed. He cried for a few, and when I went in to check on him later before I went to bed, found he'd taken his pants and diaper off during his pre-bedtime protest.

He wets a TON at night, luckily he had pee'd in his diaper before he fell asleep, and he didn't pee in his crib that whole two hours or so he was diaperless! He was sound asleep on two of his favorite stuffed animals so I just couldn't bare to let him soak through them with urine, I wasn't sure that much would wash out. I felt bad but ended up waking him and re-diapering him, and putting on one of the few 24 month onesies left that is long enough to fit him, so he couldn't pull that stunt again. LOL
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah my dd1 will take her diaper off if it doesn't have snaps. She won't sleep with pjs on either so snaps all the time for her.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Snap diapers. Or one piece jammies.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toddler removed diaper last night

My DD (22m) can easily unsnap her onsies and her diapers, and she can unzip her sleepers. She hasn't done all three of these things at night (yet), but when she does, I'll have to use sleep sacks with the zipper pull at the bottom. I hope those will stop her for a while!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My last DD started going this at about 20 months too (a couple months ago).

She totally unzips her pajamas or takes off her top and bottom jammies.

So i found two solutions for us:

1. The really old style two piece Carter's jammies. The top and bottom snap together in like 4 or 5 different places.

2. Escape Jays - they zipper up the back. We got them on Babysteals.

http://www.escapeejays.com/ProductDe...scapeejaysboys

She can pull off any diaper so the jammies need to be the barrier. LOL

Last edited by fish3737; 04-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737
My last DD started going this at about 20 months too (a couple months ago).

She totally unzips her pajamas or takes off her top and bottom jammies.

So i found two solutions for us:

1. The really old style two piece Carter's jammies. The top and bottom snap together in like 4 or 5 different places.

2. Escape Jays - they zipper up the back. We got them on Babysteals.

http://www.escapeejays.com/ProductDe...scapeejaysboys

She can pull off any diaper so the jammies need to be the barrier. LOL
Just bought those escapee things on babysteals! Got girl colors for my boys..thats how bad I wanted them!! Lol,
Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b bright View Post
Just bought those escapee things on babysteals! Got girl colors for my boys..thats how bad I wanted them!! Lol,
Hope they work for you!!! Katie has 4 pairs and we rotate them in.

LOL - tonight we had to put the crib tent on her crib because she started climbing out onto the bookcase and onto the floor. She just turned 2. But I'm thankful she waited this long. The crib tent is from her brother who started jumping out of his crib at 16 months when I was bedrested with DD1. I saved the tent just in case.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737

Hope they work for you!!! Katie has 4 pairs and we rotate them in.

LOL - tonight we had to put the crib tent on her crib because she started climbing out onto the bookcase and onto the floor. She just turned 2. But I'm thankful she waited this long. The crib tent is from her brother who started jumping out of his crib at 16 months when I was bedrested with DD1. I saved the tent just in case.
So they boys have worn them on 3 different nights. On the second night they had them partially unzipped by morning. The third time which was this morning, they woke up and one of them had completely gotten out of his. whyyyyyyyyyyyy?????
Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

we are dealing with this right now with velcro diapers. Everytime we put her in one, if she's not wearing something over it (pants, etc), she takes it off. I'm excited cause I want to potty train SO bad

but.. she hasn't figured out how to remove her pants yet to get to the diaper, so that's been my saving grace. Otherwise we're going to have to remove half our stash just to only use snaps. I'm sure she'll be able to undo those soon enough, but hopefully will be old enough to PT then.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Mine is the same age and does the same thing. she can unsnap anything, too! And she HATES one piece pjs. We put her in fleece pants over her diaper. She hasn't figured out how to get the tighter waistband down over her diaper...yet...
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote