Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Weight gain

I managed to make it 20 weeks and only gain a pound, now I've hit 21 weeks and managed to gain 4 lbs in one week. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a little upset and scared that I'm going to be a house! What can i expect of weight gain in the future?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weight gain

I also went a long time without gaining and then suddenly gained a bunch with my first. I did end up gaining 60lbs with him not doing that again!

I had managed to only gain 4 or so up until a couple weeks ago and am now suddenly up another 4. Sometimes it just can't be controlled unless you only eat rabbit food, and that's not healthy for anyone!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I gained slowly with my first for the first 20 weeks also, then I packed on over 80 lb. Somehow I convinced myself at the time that it was all baby weight, haha... I ate pretty unhealthy though and ate ice cream every day. The next 2, I gained under 30 total, but I'm worried with this one. I'm 22 weeks and I'm still down a lb. I'm a bigger mama, so that's OK, but I'm afraid its going to start piling on out of nowhere like my first. While I wouldn't say I eat super healthy, I am trying to make better choices, but I refuse to make myself miserable by denying myself everything.
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've gained 10, which my OB says is normal at this stage, so I wouldn't be worried about it.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
I've gained 10 so far....
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers View Post
I've gained 10 so far....
Me too, I think. I haven't been to the midwife in 7 weeks but I'll be going on Monday so I'll know for sure.

I wouldn't be worried about a big jump though-- it seems like I always gain like that. Nothing for a few weeks, then several pounds in one week. Remember too, if you're only going off of a check-up weight, that we vary a LOT in one day. It depends on how much fluid you're retaining, how many salty foods you've eaten, weather you've gone to the bathroom lately, if you've just eaten... I've seen my pregnancy weight vary up to 4 pounds in a single 24-hour period.

I'm shooting for 25ish pounds again this time, which is about what I gained with #2 and #3. With #1 I gained 40, and I also started out 18 pounds heavier than I did this time, so by the end I was swollen and miserable. I definitely don't want to do that again.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've gained 7 so far this time, but 0 in the last month. With my others, I had gained twice that by now. My doc wasn't worried then, and isn't now either. I think as long as you are eating healthy and not losing weight, it's really not a problem.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmm didnt keep track too much in the beginning as I know I lost a little bit but as of now I am up about 17 from before I got pregnant, 18ish more weeks to go
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
amberu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know that in the 5th and 6th month your blood supply increases by 50% that is why you have a big weight gain in those months..I always do
Old 05-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I'm still -12lbs, (for awhile my scale was reading -22 but found out something slipped under it.) But i have a feeling soon I'll be gaining consistently because ever since I went on ambien my nausea and food adversions have disapeared, and only throwing up here and there.