Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

Dd is nearly 9 weeks along, and has a 19 lb, 9 month old. She wants to know if it's safe to wear him in the Moby even though it puts pressure on her lower abdomen/uterus.

Since there were no Moby wraps back in the stone age when my kids were babies, I have no experience to draw from.

Opinions?
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't know for sure, so hopefully someone else can answer but I think, as long as it doesn't cause discomfort, it should be fine.
AngelicasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #3
Mamaseitz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'd suggest a more supportive wrap or carrier. The moby started being uncomfortable for me when dd was about 12 lbs bc she was squirmy. I know they say wovens or maybe even a gauze wrap are more supportive. Maybe a ssc like a Gemini or beco butterfly that has a hip belt might be more comfy. I love my gemini. Send an email to Jillian@paxbaby.com, she is awesome and knows everything about baby wearing and answers emails really quickly:-)
Mamaseitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaseitz View Post
I'd suggest a more supportive wrap or carrier. The moby started being uncomfortable for me when dd was about 12 lbs bc she was squirmy. I know they say wovens or maybe even a gauze wrap are more supportive. Maybe a ssc like a Gemini or beco butterfly that has a hip belt might be more comfy. I love my gemini. Send an email to Jillian@paxbaby.com, she is awesome and knows everything about baby wearing and answers emails really quickly:-)

i am 16 weeks and can still comfortably wear my 24lb 20 month old on my back in the beco butterfly
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I used a sling for my 35-40lb 3 1/2 year old daughter when I was pregnant with ds1. It didn't put pressure on my stomach however as I held her on my hip. I don't think I would have been comfortable with a carry putting pressure on my stomach.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know people that do it, though I personally would not be comfortable with it past the first few weeks.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #7
Gitrecca
Registered Users

I second a ring sling. It puts the weight on the side (if you want it to). I am not comfortable with a moby much past a few months old. I don't find they are supportive enough. But I carried my two-year-old in a ring sling for quite a while when pregnant.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 16wks pregnant and I still sometimes wear my 2 year olds on my back in my ergo. I just slide the waist belt down under my belly. I'm not sure how long I'll do it and I don't have a need to do it often. I'm definitely going to be doing it in 2 wks when we all go camping. Unless I can't use my stroller (like hiking) or it's really inconvenient, I put them in the stroller instead.

I've never worn a Moby, but I can say, I do still wear my 2 year olds.

Oh, my todders weigh 22 and 24lbs.

ETA - Just so no one gets the wrong idea....I only wear one at a time. My hubby wears the other.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 05-04-2012 at 06:04 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
lilangel8185
Registered Users
seller

I've worn my toddler a couple times in the moby when preggo with my son but once you get a bump its not that comfy to front carry. The moby can also be used in a back carry, if you are careful. Id definately just get something that you can do a back carry in, for me a back carry was easier than a hip carry.
lilangel8185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
Sigkap714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilangel8185 View Post
I've worn my toddler a couple times in the moby when preggo with my son but once you get a bump its not that comfy to front carry. The moby can also be used in a back carry, if you are careful. Id definately just get something that you can do a back carry in, for me a back carry was easier than a hip carry.
Please, please don't attempt a back carry with a stretchy wrap. Watch this video for a demonstration of the dangers.