Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

How many BM's a day?

How many BM's does your child have a day, and how old are they?

My son would usually poop once in the morning. And maybe once later in the day. But usually just the one morning poop. But for the past month or so, he's been pooping 4-5 times a DAY! Is this normal? He's 23 months old.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
My oldest has always been all over the place. Once or twice a day and then the next day she'd go 4times or more lol. While in diapers Id let her sit for 20mins or so b/c it took her a long time to get it all out sometimes. During a growth spurt or allergies/teeth she'd go 4-5 times a day. Dd2 on the other hand has never been a big pooper. Once or twice a wk when an infant. And now she still only goes 2 maybe 3 times a wk.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many BM's a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
My oldest has always been all over the place. Once or twice a day and then the next day she'd go 4times or more lol. While in diapers Id let her sit for 20mins or so b/c it took her a long time to get it all out sometimes. During a growth spurt or allergies/teeth she'd go 4-5 times a day. Dd2 on the other hand has never been a big pooper. Once or twice a wk when an infant. And now she still only goes 2 maybe 3 times a wk.
Hmm that's something I haven't thought of. I've been thinking DS might be going through a growth spurt. He has been eating a lot more lately and appears to be gaining weight (he's a really little guy). I wonder if this is all related.

On another note, I smell his 3rd poop of the day! Off to change....lol
Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Once a day or so at that age.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
20months and I expect 3 poops a day. 4 is still common enough to be considered normal.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Pooping a lot can be a sign of a food allergy, especially if the poop is really loose or burns the skin.

My DD is just turning 2 and poops 1-2 times a day. When she is reacting at something, she can poop 4-5 times, as you mentioned.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If the number of times had stayed consistent I would think that it is no problem at all. As crazy as it sounds because of the frequency he might actually be constipated. Just a thought.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS is 2 and poops once or twice a day.

He self-weaned at 15 months and we started giving him a lot more milk. He went from 1-2 poops a day to 6-8. It was awful. We cut out milk and he went back to normal.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
DS is 2 and poops once or twice a day.

He self-weaned at 15 months and we started giving him a lot more milk. He went from 1-2 poops a day to 6-8. It was awful. We cut out milk and he went back to normal.
Hmm this could be something too. DS self weaned a little over a month ago, so we've upped his milk consumption.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 20 mo olds are all over the place. Rarely do they only poop once. Usually it's more like 3ish but some days it's 5-6. They have been teething for like the last month plus we have been trying a few previously poorly tolerated foods again so I've been getting 6-8 nasty diapers a day between them.