Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
judesmommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs down Divorce

Any mama here go though this or currently going through? It's been pretty hard on me and still bfing as DS is slowly weaning, and trying to slowly potty train him. It's hard with all the emotions simultaneously raising a 22 month old! Any advice or support will be much appreciated <3
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Divorce

I'm sorry Mama. However emotionally distanced you may or may not have managed to get before divorcing, it is still hard. Have heart though. I have been there and it gets better. Do you have a support system where you are?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ex left when DS1 was 8 months old. My best advice is to think of yourself in survival mode until the dust settles and don't force anymore changes than you see as absolutely necessary. If your LO is still wanting to nurse, let him until he's ready to wean. Unless your LO is dead set on potty learning, just let that wait until the stress is a bit less. Take it one day at a time.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ex left over 5 years ago when the boys were 1 and 2. The whole process of a divorce was much harder on me at times than him actually leaving. It took us a year and a half to get divorced. I was in graduate school at the time so it was easy to keep myself busy, I think that helped a ton. A church in town had a support group too. I hadn't been to church since I got married, it was really wonderful. I can't remember what it was called but there are classes all over.

Somedays are still hard. My ex and his new wife have a HUGE beautiful house while I have a regular house. My oldest is always asking why nobody wants to marry me...so it still hurts at times but that really horrible feeling does go away.