Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

Who Has Started Their Stash?

Anyone? I sold nearly all of my newbie stash after my youngest was born, thinking that I wouldn't have another. I did start rebuilding it last December, though.

I have 18 XS Elbees, 6 NB GMs, 3 NB Mutts, and about 6 organic newbie prefolds.

Anyone else?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who Has Started Their Stash?

I didn't start with DS until he was about 6 months old so i have some newborn learning to do! I lent out all my prefolds and covers and have about 27 BG AIO that I need to replace elastic on in order to fit a smaller body.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
brookglen
Registered Users

So, I don't cloth diaper (gasp!). But I'm kind of curious this go around. I guess I just don't get it, aren't you doing laundry all day long? What do you do with the waste, and what about when you're out and about, do you just walk around with a soiled diaper? Isn't it a ton more work?

Also don't you find it hilarious that someone has belonged to a cloth diapering forum for two years and doesnt know the answer to these questions?
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
So, I don't cloth diaper (gasp!). But I'm kind of curious this go around. I guess I just don't get it, aren't you doing laundry all day long? What do you do with the waste, and what about when you're out and about, do you just walk around with a soiled diaper? Isn't it a ton more work?

Also don't you find it hilarious that someone has belonged to a cloth diapering forum for two years and doesnt know the answer to these questions?
I do diaper laundry every 2-3 days so not all day Diaper spayers are a must have IMO for cloth diapering (it's like a small shower head that attaches to your toilet and you just spray off the waste). When I'm out and about I use a wet bag (they really do keep the smell in) to put the wet/soiled diapers in and either toss them in our hanging wet bag when we get home if they are just wet or spray off the soiled ones and then throw them in. It really isn't that much more work especially when you get use to it and it becomes a routine. My sister is newly converted to cloth diapers and she use to say all the time how isn't it so much more work and how she could never do it (now she says it's not much more work either).

I do find it pretty funny you have been here this long and haven't dove into the cloth diaper world

You should really give it a try, now that I do it I would never go back and actually really enjoy it! I will warn it can be addictive

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I told DH that once I got pregnant I was going to grab the diapers I like every time they came on a half off site. And wouldn't you know that there has been a lot so far? I just got some more Grovia OS this week and last week, I have NB Grovia coming today or tomorrow, got some rainbow PUL covers from Hyena cart that should be here soon. And tomorrow a natural baby store is having a yard sale and they said they were going to have diapers! Super excited. I really only need NB ones and a few OS because I still have plenty from ds2, but I figure if they're going to be cheap, why not?

Quote:

I've been CDing for 2 kids now and have yet had to do laundry constantly If you have a decent amount of CDs then you can do laundry every few days. I do laundry twice a week, and that is with 2 boys and one still in CDs (but mostly at night and when we're out). With poop you put it in the toilet and flush it. You're actually suppose to do that with disposable diapers too, but many don't. CDing is just as easy when out as using a diposable. When you're out you have a wetbag (all CD companies make one as well as tons of Etsy sellers). You change baby like you normally would, but instead of throwing a diaper in the trash you just put it in your wetbag. The bag is designed for no leaking, and I've never had a bag leak. Then when I wash diapers from a wetbag I just open up the drawstring and put the whole bag in the wash, the cycles of the wash will make the diapers fall out. Or you can just dump the diapers in.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

No, I do not do laundry all day. I do diaper laundry like every 2-3 days. In the newbie period, if you're exclusively breastfeeding, you can just toss everything in your washing machine. It'll rinse away quite easily. Otherwise, I keep my peri bottles from the birth, and I use those in place of a diaper sprayer to rinse the poop in the toilet. When I'm out, I change my kid like I normally would. I just put the diapers in our wet bag to go home to wash, instead of tossing it. It's really not a ton more work, and even buying the most expensive brands, we've saved money over the years by buying used and not constantly overhauling our stash. Our diapers get used until they fall apart, basically. ETA: We also never have to worry about having to run to the store to get diapers. We have a big enough stash that there is always a clean one.

Last edited by amandabarugh; 06-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.
amandabarugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #7
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I promised DH I wouldn't buy any NB diapers! I'm going to sew them LOL!!! I am telling myself I will allow time to sew 1 diaper a week. that should stretch out the fun!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm waiting to find out if it's a boy or girl. If its a boy we are covered. If its a girl I've got some shopping to do!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a few things. I still have quite a few goodmamas from DS that I have gone through. I'm keeping most of those. I have a stack of random stuff at my parents' house as well and I'm hoping my mom will bring those this weekend when the come up to visit. Flats, pockets, etc. I have a feeling I will be seriously destashing that pile.

I have bought a handfull of newborn fitteds and some prefolds, but my main stash building will be for some new pockets (I was wildly unsuccessful with pockets last time) and covers/wool.
allinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Saruh
Registered Users
seller

EEK! Part of me feels it's a little taboo to buy newborn diapers this early...but my OCD about being prepared kicks in. I have 20 DSQ Infant prefolds that we used with DD, and our regular stash of GroVias and BGs 4.0.

I have 2 newborn GroVias coming tomorrow, but I want to buy 24 Ones & Twos AIOs and newborn fitteds to use with wool. Plus yarn for longies. Coastal Sunset if anyone here knows of a place to find some!