Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone else excited about labor?

I know many of you probably aren't so no need to post "NOT me!". I'm really looking to see if anyone else is excited about and looking forward to labor. I'm truly excited! I have had two homebirths (one in water) and one fully Midwife attended (as in, no Doctor ever entered the room) hospital birth. This time I'm delivering at my Midwife's birth center. I don't have short or easy labors but I feel like each of my labors has made me stronger and taught me something. I also feel incredibly connected to my DH during labor. He's a wonderful coach and so encouraging. I'm looking forward to getting in the tub and doing my deep breathing. I plan on bring music and having candles lit. I want as little interference as possible (no checks to see how many centimeters I am) and just quiet. My darling children will not be there but we'll likely be released within 4 hours of Baby's birth. The best days of my life are each of my children's birthday and I can't wait to do it again!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am!!!! I am having my 2nd hb and planning an outdoor waterbirth. Hoping for an old civil war tent or a really nice screen house. I am excited for labor and to hold this little one
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else excited about labor?

Yes, but that's because I'm ready to hold my newest bundle. I have low expectations of my birth experience, but for some reason that doesn't deter me from being excited.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

I'm so excited. My first unmedicated birth and first homebirth. What kind of breathing are you talking about op? What I mean is, are you doing a certain method lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm excited (and nervous). This will be my first homebirth - completely midwife and no medications. I've been poring over "Birth Skills" and Ina May Gaskin's "Guide to Childbirth" and am slowly starting to feel prepared. I'm considering a water birth, but my midwife has to come and see my house and set up to see if it would work. I go back and forth between excitement and terror, but I know it will be an amazing experience, and then I'll get to see and hold my new daughter!
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm excited about the idea of going into labor on my own! And nervous I won't! Just starting to get together some books to read, we're having our first homebirth too hopefully <3
Old 06-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
amberu
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This will be my 7th out of hospital birth..2 were in a birth center and the rest at home. While I'm not really looking forward to labor, I am excited to meet this baby and we are team green, so that is exciting as well. I do get in my zone while in labor..my midwife knows to just let me be and my husband doesn't even bother to come in the room until I am pushing cause I don't want him around...lol
Old 06-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am Each labor has been different, so I'm interested to see how this one plays out. And, obviously, I can't wait to meet him !

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum
Old 07-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avahsmomma
I am Each labor has been different, so I'm interested to see how this one plays out. And, obviously, I can't wait to meet him !

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using DS Forum
Same here. At this point though, I think I'm just ready to be not pregnant anymore!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
I am, my dd was a csec so this is my vbac and first natural birth....I'm excited and nervous