Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Frigidaire Affinity frontload washer: how to wash cd's in it

If you have one, please share your wash routine with me. I am just barely figuring out how to use it to wash a plain old load of laundry I assume I use the sanitize setting, but thought I'd check before I try it and (with my luck) ruin everything. Help! Please! Thank you
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

Re: Frigidaire Affinity frontload washer: how to wash cd's in it

I have a Fridgidaire Affinity. I would avoid using the sanitize cycle because it gets too hot for PUL and elastic. I start with a warm Delicate cycle with NO spin. I usually put some bac-out and a tbsp. of detergent in that cycle. I also add extra water through the water dispenser during each cycle, usually 1-2 gallons. The next cycle I use Heavy Duty with hot water & 2 tbsp. of detergent. (You can add an extra rinse here but I like being able to add more water so I do that in a seperate cycle.) To do my final rinse I use a cold Delicate cycle. Or if I need something quicker, I will do the spin- extra rinse option. But I always add more water.

I have tried a billion detergents it seems and the best I have found is Gain. We have hard water and it works well for us. I use 1 tbsp. in the prewash and 2 tbsp. in the main wash. I know that doesn't seem like much but that amount cleans the diapers and is easy to rinse out.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Last edited by mama2Holden; 06-26-2012 at 06:46 AM.
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
ebee
Registered Users

I have a frigidaire affinity FL and have been starting to notice some stink in my boy's diapers, so I was psyched to find this thread. A couple of questions though...when during the cycle do you add the water? Do you add the water through the soap tray? Thanks!
ebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
eschillo
Registered Users
seller

I have one as well. This is our routine...we just got it about a month ago and it seems to be working:
whitest whites cycle, prewash and stain pre-treat setting (top two buttons on right), max fill. I use eco nuts detergents so I just put the bag in with the diapers. Then I do a rinse and spin cycle...
I will use the sanitary setting on inserts and prefolds, it's a great way to really pull out any ickys on the inside, but keep anything PUL or waterproof out of that cycle...it will ruin it...
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
mama2Holden
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschillo View Post
I have one as well. This is our routine...we just got it about a month ago and it seems to be working:
whitest whites cycle, prewash and stain pre-treat setting (top two buttons on right), max fill. I use eco nuts detergents so I just put the bag in with the diapers. Then I do a rinse and spin cycle...
I will use the sanitary setting on inserts and prefolds, it's a great way to really pull out any ickys on the inside, but keep anything PUL or waterproof out of that cycle...it will ruin it...
My Affinity is 6 years old. I wish it had a max fill option!! That sounds awesome!
mama2Holden is offline   Reply With Quote