Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
all worked out :)

SO this is gonna sound really random, but I was possibly going to buy (or trade for) a fitted off spots and got into an interesting convo with the seller. The diaper was practically new and part of a semi-custom order she had gotten. I say semi-custom set because it was the kind where you just tell them gender, sizing and color preferences and the diaper maker designs an order around that. Anyway, I was curious about her full order because she said she had been disappointed in it, so I snooped around the sellers FB fan page and found it. It didn't seem to add up to the amount she had paid for the semi-custom, so I was just browsing to compare to other semi-customs like it and I stumbled across one of her "custom" items in an album that had been liseted as for sale 6 months prior and it never sold. It had a price listed for it and when adding up the order was about $5 short of what it would have cost this lady to custom order the set and chose her own fabrics and such. So on top of her getting shorted $5 worth of product she also got an item unloaded on her that no one else had wanted to buy for 6 months. Plus the colors of the "custom" were NOTHING like she had requested.

Like I said, totally random since it's not even about me, but is it customary for diaper makers to do that? I mean I get the purpose of semi-customs is to use fabrics that may have been sitting around for a while, but she got shorted in the value of the items, didn't get the colors she was wanting, and got undesired inventory unloaded on her labeled as a "custom". Just seemed like crummy business practices to me...
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.

Last edited by miraclebabysmama; 07-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: seems like a bum deal...

no opinions on this? how would you react if this happened to you? I'm just curious if you would feel slighted having premade unwanted inventory becoming part of your custom order and if you'd be ticked that the value of your items, if ordered individually, would have been $5 cheaper than what you paid for your custom set?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like if someone contacted me and wanted me to make them some mama cloth or dye them some yarn, and I had something exactly like what they wanted or really close to what they wanted already here, I'd tell them. I'd say "oh, what a coincidence, I have something almost exactly like that already done." I would show it to them and if they liked it, awesome. If I was trying to sell it previously for a lower price, I'd refund them the difference.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug2311 View Post
I feel like if someone contacted me and wanted me to make them some mama cloth or dye them some yarn, and I had something exactly like what they wanted or really close to what they wanted already here, I'd tell them. I'd say "oh, what a coincidence, I have something almost exactly like that already done." I would show it to them and if they liked it, awesome. If I was trying to sell it previously for a lower price, I'd refund them the difference.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
^that's kinda what I was thinking too. She had said she'd like pinks and purples and the item that was passed off in her order was green, gray, and yellow. which made the rest of the custom have to sorta revolve around those colors. There were tiny splashes of pink and purple in the knit print of the diaper (so tiny i was gonna get it for my BOY!!)
Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
It sounds far from custom and a total rip off IMO with even that slight of a price difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
It sounds far from custom and a total rip off IMO with even that slight of a price difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
See that's what I was thinking too, but then thought maybe since it was a "semi-custom" that somehow that was ok to do?? IDK?? I just know if I were her I would have at least been pissed about the $5 difference in price. I mean the listings when they go up say "at least $xx worth of stuff, maybe more!" so she for sure got ripped off there. But then the fact that the entire order was nothing like she wanted and had to be created around this cast off from 6 months prior would have really irked me too. If the cast off had been pink and purple and the order came out almost exactly like she had wanted, then maybe not. BUt still the $5 differnce in price would not have been right, but maybe easier to overlook??
Old 07-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with Junebug. If a customer wanted something similar to what I had on sale, I would certainly offer it, but give it at the sale price.
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...ok, so she decided to contact the diaper maker at my suggestion and the maker is not acknowledging the fact that the item in question was premade, unsold inventory and she is not offering any type of compensation for the price difference. :/ what should she do now? What would you do if it were you. I feel bad for this lady.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebabysmama View Post
Hmmm...ok, so she decided to contact the diaper maker at my suggestion and the maker is not acknowledging the fact that the item in question was premade, unsold inventory and she is not offering any type of compensation for the price difference. :/ what should she do now? What would you do if it were you. I feel bad for this lady.
Ok, so it looks like ^ this was all one GIGANTIC misunderstanding. There was an attachment in an email that was missed and that's why a partial refund was not offered right away. This has been all hashed out and after a few more misunderstandings and a few hurt feelings, followed by some appologies I think it's all good.

I know that posting this doesn't really make sense because it's not like anyone knows who was being referenced in all this (which was my intent), but I just wanted to let anyone who was following the thread know that this WAHM is not shady or anything. ANd I never intended it to come across sounding like I thought that either.

I still stand by my opinion that havng previously made inventory become part of a custom doesn't seem right, BUT...if it's a semi-custom and the listing states that premade stuff may be part of the deal, then absolutely it is fine.

So, all in all, thanks for your opinions on the situation ladies, and I'm glad things worked out for the seller, but next time I may just keep my curiosity to myself. LOL
Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

Leave negative feedback and don't buy from her again. I think that's all she can do, unless its within 45 days and she can file a PP dispute for item not as described. That's assuming, of course, that she paid with PP and hasn't used the items yet.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote