Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talking Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

I don't have twins and although I'm expecting and our MW thought we were at the 7 week ultrasound they could only see one baby and hear one heartbeat. No more ultrasounds have been done as I'm wary of them and my blood work continued to have elevated HCG.

Anyway ever since MW brought up the possibility of twins I've been fascinated about the logistics of raising twins. I cloth diapered both my children but wonder how big of a stash do mamas of twin have? How did they manage to CD or nurse? etc.

I'm incredibly curious but for now were you able to CD and if so how many diapers did you have in circulation?
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

I cloth diapered my twins and then all three when I had our third baby. I had about 4 dozen prefolds and a dozen or so covers.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Belle1002
Registered Users

My Mood:
I started with 4 dozen infant PFs but scaled back to 3 dozen PFs when we sized up to regular size. And I think I have 10 covers right now. There's really only so much you can fit in the washer!

Loving life with our very energetic 2 year old b/g twins!
Belle1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I CD'd my twins once we got home from the hospital (used sposies there). We had 46 XS BG AIOs. After those we went to about 75 BG Elementals. We've had about 15-20 wear out so we're down to about 60. My twins are two now and we've used these exclusively since they were one month old.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have about 70 in my rotation. That,includes pf's fitteds, AIO AI2 and a few flats.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't, but a good friend did. I think she only had 36 OS diapers and it worked out ok. She used Kawaii.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
ziursrm
Registered Users
seller

I am CDing my twins and I keep a minimal stash. I have 30 pockets and hybrids and I wash every other day. It's tight but it works.

CDing, noVaxing, tandom BFing & BWing, coSleeping, minimalist in training 2100/2012
ziursrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I CD'd both sets of twins. The second set was born when the first set was 27 months. I CD both sets (4 kids) for a little less than a year. I'll be doing 3 for 6-12 months when this baby is born in Oct. How do we do it? We just do. I don't know how many I have in my stash...a LOT. Personally, I like pockets. I tried many different brands, decided on one and then went with it for all of the diapers. To me, it's easier to have 1 brand, especially for my hubby and family.

As for nursing, I nursed both sets also. Again, you just do it. The logistics of it are different for different moms, but for me, I learned to nurse them at the same time and did it that way the majority of the time, especially with the second set. If you do them together it doesn't seem like so much. But, that's just me. I know others who did them separate almost all the time. It's a "do what works for you" situation.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have cloth diapered my twins since they came home from the NICU. We have about 30ish fitted CDs, about 40 cloth wipes and about 16 pieces of wool as covers. I wish my stash was bigger but it works, I have to do one load of CD laundry a day.
Every child is different with nursing. My twins had horrible nippling issues so I traded off feedings breast and bottle with pumped milk so I knew they were getting enough. It was helpful because my hubby could help feed them.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had at least 50 per LO and washed every night. The most important thing about preparing to CD for 2 NBs is to choose the fastest options possible and always ave sposies available in the beginning months......DH took a lot of paternity leave, but after he returned to work one LO was always left to cry & scream while her sister was being diapered. Most new LOs never have to wait, and it's stressful for them & heartbreaking for you!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote