Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
madiganandpupsmom
Registered Users
seller

nighttime trainer for heavy wetter

I really still haven't found a night solution for my DD. She's completely day trained but still occasionally pees at naptime and always wants water w/ bed so she pees a lot overnight. I've been trying lots of trainers but none fit the bill. I've tried grovia, mother goose designs, and ladder hill designs. Even stuffed with extra inserts, all were epic fails. I'm trying to avoid a diaper b/c she will often ask to use the potty during the night and it's a big pain to have to resnap dipes at 2 am, so pull on is preferable. I've tried a few pocket trainers but they have bunched and pee has leaked out the sides. Are there trainers i'm missing? I hope so b/c i hate sposie pull ups!
madiganandpupsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: nighttime trainer for heavy wetter

I havent been able to use a trainer at night on my dd. Even night pull ups leak through. We have to use size 6 disposables. Lately she's been good at night peeing at night but we had too many days of soaked sheets in the am to go back to pull ups or cloth trainers at night.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I have been searching for this exact thing and haven't found it either. For now I am using disposable pull ups for my 4 yr old right now. I am still searching though!

I would prefer a stay dry pull up for my son, that doesn't seem to be an option in the world of "feel wet" trainers.

It seems like the market of cloth should differentiate better between trainers that are meant to help with potty training (feel wet, absorb little) and overnight pullups that are stay dry (I know my son can't hold it at night and he gets sore being in wetness all night) and absorb a lot and have a higher rise for boys. I also prefer natural fibers and its also hard to find anything w/o microfiber unless its a custom. Customs are hit or miss though...you never really know what it will be like or if it will fit until you get it.

Last edited by mariamommy; 07-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

bumping for more input -- I'm looking for the same thing!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

im looking too, for an almost 5 yr old

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Featherhead
Registered Users

For my 5 year old (37 lbs, 42 inches) I use the GroVia trainers. I stuff them with a padfolded flat. She also wears a Disana wool cover over top. She is able to pull it up and down herself. The other night it was so soaked, even the tabs were wet, but her bed was dry.

My 3 year old uses them too (34 lbs, 38 inches). She is chunkier, so they are a little more difficult to get on her. But she is dry almost every night, so I'm almost ready to ditch them. Hers I stuff with a thinner, smaller flat, so that helps with getting them on.
Featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #7
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was debating between the motherease bed wetters or the bottom bumper trainers. I ultimately went for the bottom bumpers because you can snap in the regular diaper inserts.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm having this same issue...bought some Sprout Change trainers that I like pretty well, but even with adding in a couple hemp doublers they always leak out the sides (my LO is a side sleeper). She even wet right through nighttime super undies! Maybe a wool cover would do the trick...
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought the Tinkle Time Trainer pattern and I'm going to try my hand at making the overnight version.... We'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work, I may look into the Motherease Bedwetters...
Old 07-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

We use the ME bed wetter pants for my 6 year old. We tried so baby things, and he was even flooding disposables. These are the only thing that have kept him dry. But they are not stay dry on the inside. Sadly for us, this doesn't seem to bother him one bit.