Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

I just realized it is now August so I figured I would start up a new thread... Time flies!!

So... Where are YOU at in your foster/adopt journey?

I'm in the process of becoming licensed through a new county. We have our Pre-MAPP class home visit on the 7th and I'm definitely freaking out a little bit! Its all kind of surreal... We just moved into our new place a few weeks ago and trying to get settled while dealing with summer vacation has been a big pain! I'm hoping I can get a whole lot done this week though.

In addition to all of that I received a call this past week from our former foster DS (from 2mo-4yrs.. a total of 2 placements and 2.5 years)'s aunt who he is now placed with that 2 of his biological sibs just came into care. She was calling to ask if either my mom or I would take them. My mom cannot right now but of course I said yes... well.... Get this... They are.. JUST born and barely 11 months . I am now waiting to see if they decide to place them with us as kinship.. Man life is crazy

Whats up with everyone else? Its exciting to hear about so many new babies lately!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

We are still riding the daily rollercoaster waiting to see if dfd will stay. We will know at the court date in September for sure. So far it sounds like if we do sibling visits at least twice a week, they won't give us too much grief. We're taking it one day at a time, enjoying it while it lasts, with the thought of forever in the back of our minds. She's just such a tender hearted girl and such a good fit. I've been bringing home dresses, skirts, and all things pink and girly on a daily basis! Trying to stick to the thrift stores so I don't go broke, but this is a whole new world for me. Her birthday is coming up and I had to restrain myself...pink and purple legos, felt food, princess polly pocket for on top of her cake, a princess dvd (since we only have "boy movies") and a shiny new pink bike! In a word...pure BLISS over in my world.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Looking: did you mean 11 WEEKS? and are they twins?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Looking: did you mean 11 WEEKS? and are they twins?
I think she means a newborn and an 11 mo old
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
I think she means a newborn and an 11 mo old
lol...duh moment
Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are still waiting for a call! We miss a call for an infant a couple weeks ago but other than that we haven't had any calls!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw i would love an 11 month old and newborn! My dh would not and i would probably go insane so its good we havent had any calls like that.

We are still waiting on a newborn placement due august 31st. Trying not to think about it but its hard. I hate the thought that mom is out there doing drugs and drinking with no thought for how it will affect baby. I mean logically i know it happens, but it is so sad to be faced with the outcome.

Until we get a call with more info im just trying to clean and organize the baby stuff. I have accumulated waaaaay too many clothes. I thouht i was keeping the bare minimum and ended up with 10 bins under size 4.

We got a call for respite this weekend. A four year old girl that "likes to pee like a dog." Is how the agency described her. I am having oral surgery tomorow so i passed on this placement.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermyer2
We are still waiting for a call! We miss a call for an infant a couple weeks ago but other than that we haven't had any calls!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today marks 4 years of waiting. It is hard to believe that I have been waiting that long. The agency ran out of my profiles to show expectant parents last week so they requested that I do a complete over hall and update all of our pictures. This is tough since I am the only picture taker in the family. Luckily I was able to scrounge up a few good shots from places like Disney where they take your picture for you. I also spent the weekend using the self time and took random pictures of myself and Cory in various locations to use. My agency approved the new profile yesterday so today I will take it to the printers and mail it back to the agency tomorrow. Hopefully, this profile does the trick and I will get a match soon.

I have always wanted an August baby so maybe this is my month!!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
Today marks 4 years of waiting. It is hard to believe that I have been waiting that long. The agency ran out of my profiles to show expectant parents last week so they requested that I do a complete over hall and update all of our pictures. This is tough since I am the only picture taker in the family. Luckily I was able to scrounge up a few good shots from places like Disney where they take your picture for you. I also spent the weekend using the self time and took random pictures of myself and Cory in various locations to use. My agency approved the new profile yesterday so today I will take it to the printers and mail it back to the agency tomorrow. Hopefully, this profile does the trick and I will get a match soon.

I have always wanted an August baby so maybe this is my month!!
Keep waiting and hang in there no matter what. It took us 5-6 years and it was so worth the wait. Your special child just isn't ready to find you yet.