Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
hibiscus869
Registered Users

If you are TOTALLY done with CD's

I realize posting this on a CD forum doesn't really make sense, but I'm curious if, for those who are totally done CDing, if all the hype/attention/obsessiveness surrounding CD's has started to seem strange to you?

Don't get me wrong. I think CDing is great, I wouldn't have done it otherwise. And I LOVED it while I was doing it. I used to think I could never get enough. But now that I'm totally done with diapers and I've had a few months with no diapers at ALL I don't miss it in the slightest. I realize how simple of a diaper stash I could have had, how little money and time I really needed to put into it. At the time it was fun, I loved it, but it's like I had CD fever and now the fever has broken.

This is not a criticism of those who ARE really into their diapers and enjoying it, there's nothing wrong with that. I was right there a few months ago. I just wondered if anyone else has swung from one end of the pendulum to the other like I have.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Guess I'm the only one LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Idk I was always in the middle I live my fluff and I am sad it's gone, but happy too because I don't have to do that laundry anymore.

I have always thought the hype of some is extreme, but I also understand it.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you are TOTALLY done with CD's

I'm still CDing and feel that way, lol. Simplified WAY down and have the mindset of "they're just diapers".
Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJordan85
I'm still CDing and feel that way, lol. Simplified WAY down and have the mindset of "they're just diapers".
Same here. I sometimes look at the IT diapers out there but have no interest in buying them. I'm completely content with DD2's stash. I just wish I'd come to the "they're just diapers" realization a bit sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Well at least I'm not the only one. I just went from being like insanely obsessed to NOT so it makes me chuckle sometimes. I'm kind of an all or nothing type unfortunately.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
redheadinlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've actually been like this from the beginning. I'd love some cute diapers, but I have a full stash of prefolds +proraps and a handful of pockets for nighttime and daddy use and it's fine. I'd like some pretty ones in the same way I'd like some hair bands for her =)

Afterall...they just sh*t in them anyways.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
redheadinlove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've actually been like this from the beginning. I'd love some cute diapers, but I have a full stash of prefolds +proraps and a handful of pockets for nighttime and daddy use and it's fine. I'd like some pretty ones in the same way I'd like some hair bands for her =)

Afterall...they just sh*t in them anyways.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
amdeemer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was kind of sad after my daughter was done, but I hadn't really entered the CD world until she was 18 months old & then at around 26 months we were finished with them. But with my son, we used them until 26 months as well & now that we're done, I am happy! I am prepping to sell my whole lot & it feels good. They served me quite well & it was a fun time in my life, but I'm ready to move on. I can still appreciate the excitement related to CDing, but I'm much more detached now.
amdeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

I never really got the hype when my kids were in CDs. Sure, cute was good, but not at a high cost. If it worked, I didn't mess with it. Now that I'm done with CDs, I stay out of the diaper chatter forums b/c I can't even follow it all anymore. I don't know the "in" diapers right now, and I have less understanding of the hype now than I had back when I used CDs on the kids. At least then, I could understand it, even though I didn't share it.