Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
dannic
Registered Users

Cool Is everyone getting ready!?!

I have my last prenatal payment to make tomorrow; yay that!
I am getting my list of supplies and the info to order my birth kit at my prenatal tomorrow.

I ordered the carseat and a new mattress cover for my bed; I delayed ordering the birth pool, but probably ought to...just can't decide. I had a water birth with my third, but in spite of having the pool set up, I didn't even get in with my last birth. Still, it's probably good to have just in case. And the kids got a pool out of it, lol. Okay, I talked myself into it, hee.

My biggest problem is that I dont' want to spend my money on birth supplies...I want to spend it on dipes! AHHHHH!!! Tell me to run away!

I also ordered a journal for baby...I don't scrapbook anymore and I like to write, so I bought a cute blue leather journal with a dragon fly embossed on it to write my thoughts and our experiences.

I also have a honey do list on the fridge of things we need to have done before the middle of Sept. Stock up on a few groceries, clean out the car really well, get rid of a bit of clutter still hanging around, wash baby clothes, ect. ect.

So, what are you doing to get ready? Or are you ready, already?
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is everyone getting ready!?!

Good luck with your home birth - sounds like you almost have everything ready!

I have a bit more knitting to finish, more stuff to clear out of the nursery and a list of stuff for dh to fix... We have our prenatal paid off too - yea! And most of our copay saved up as long we can get through this month - 2 bdays, preschool tuition, and super high electric bill (preggers needs her a/c)... Also we had to buy a new washer yesterday bc the old one went out - excited about a new washer, but not another bill I think we have everything we need for baby tho which is nice.
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
dannic
Registered Users

I would love a new washer! But would hate to have to buy one now, too...
I know how it goes with birthdays...September is our insane month with 3 just in our home and also FIL, a sister, two nieces--don't even get me started on extended family!
I am so warraing in my mind; a part of me would love to go early again (I had never done that before and it was such a surreal feeling--like I had cheated or something, lol.), but then that would land us in constant-birthday-month...and a part of me would like to wait til Oct...but then I'd have to wait til October, heh. I suppose it's a good thing the baby decides for me, eh?
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still have a lot to do.

Today I'm cleaning (first day of school/ mother's day out where both kids are not here) vacuuming/ dusting ect.

I need to reorganize DD room, buy more bins for her shelves, ect

Tagging all my boy clothing to go to consignment (ummm newborn to size 5 so it's a ton of stuff) plus some household stuff they will take.....plus general housework that I do all the time but have neglected a bit this summer.

I can't wait to get all the consignment suff out of the baby's room....maybe then I will feel the need to finish a canvas for her, and sew her dedication outfit....then there's always fall costumes, and fall sewing for DD to work on.......thank goodness I'm done sewing newborn diapers at least! Ah and I have a sweater/ hat combo to finish knitting for the baby.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Uh yeah, I'm totally not prepared yet. I need as long as I can get! But since this is my 4th, I kinda know that not much really needs to be done ahead of time. Carseat in the van before we go home and a load of laundry/dipes done so baby has something to wear. Oh, my hospital bag and pillow for sure.

I just started another nesting phase (finally) over the weekend and am focused on house stuff - organizing our master closet, moving things to storage that's cluttering up the upstairs, filing the giant stack of papers/receipts that's stacked up, and FINALLY getting my DD and DS2's baby books updated.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

I'm kind of halfway there! His room is still full of junk that DH needs to sort through. We installed the carseat last week though, that seemed like a big deal! His cradle is ready, I've washed the clothes and NB diapers that we have so far, but we still have a lot to do.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Don't really have much that I *need* to do...Diapers are washed and put away, baby's room set up (although that was easy because I didn't change anything after DD moved out...just put the crib mattress up at the higher level), clothes washed and put away. Other than that, there are things I would *like* to do - a few projects around the house, some serious deep cleaning since I have woefully neglected household cleaning this summer, and making freezer meals for post-baby. But it would be okay if that stuff didn't get done too. So I would be okay with baby coming just a little early