Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
krisco5
Registered Users
seller

is it okay to post a fake ergo carrier in ffs?

I unfortunately have a fake ergo carrier. I have confirmed with ergo that it is a fake. That being said it is still a well made carrier that someone could use. I don't want to make any money off it but I don't want to throw it out either. So can I post it in ffs?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Re: is it okay to post a fake ergo carrier in ffs?

Somewhere I read that it is illegal to sound counterfeit items through the mail....
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Somewhere I read that it is illegal to sound counterfeit items through the mail....
this. sorry mama. Maybe the free section on your local craigslist?? Be sure to fully disclose everything
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe you can remove anything that says Ergo (tags, embroidery)? Then it isn't counterfeit but just a no-name carrier... Just a thought.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

As long as you are not selling it as an Ergo and as someone said remove tags that might lead someone to believe it is an Ergo I don't see the problem. Selling very real play money is not wrong. Using it for your own gain and ripping someone off is wrong. If you were to say it might be an Ergo but you aren't sure or anything else misleading that would be a problem. If you fully disclose the situation then anyone buying it has the option of not buying it if they feel uncomfortable with it. Just my 2 cents.

ps
I would check with postal regulations as well since that has been brought up.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful mother View Post
As long as you are not selling it as an Ergo and as someone said remove tags that might lead someone to believe it is an Ergo I don't see the problem. Selling very real play money is not wrong. Using it for your own gain and ripping someone off is wrong. If you were to say it might be an Ergo but you aren't sure or anything else misleading that would be a problem. If you fully disclose the situation then anyone buying it has the option of not buying it if they feel uncomfortable with it. Just my 2 cents.

ps
I would check with postal regulations as well since that has been brought up.
I agree with this. You are selling a well made carrier, with full disclosure, so the fact that it's not a brand name really shouldn't make it illegal. I mean I think it would be one thing if you were intentially selling it as an Ergo and the brand name itself was it's selling point, but that's not the case.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did just see that one of the people saying not to sell it is a Moderator here so you may need to abide with that. I would probably PM and discuss it with her.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry, I didnt realize that was a mod!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote