Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:
breech

Anyone else's LOs breech? Mine just won't flip, and with all of the preterm contractions, it just makes me nervous that she wont flip in time! 34 weeks tomorrow, and my last babe was born 34 weeks, 3 days. I'm going to a webster chiro, and so far all it has landed me with was contractions

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: breech

I'm 35 weeks and 2 days, and lo is still breech. OB is talking about a version, but I might not be a good candidate and I'm nervous about letting them because of my history.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've heard babies can flip even during labor. My neighbor was just telling me that her baby flipped 3 days before she went into labor. There's still plenty of time.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in the same boat. I'm 36w3d. I've been seeing one chiropactor, I see a new one tomorrow, my midwife tried to move baby gently today but no luck. If tomorrow's chiropactor can't help, then we schedule a version. If THAT doesn't work, I change care providers AGAIN to an OB who does vaginal breech births, or else I schedule a c-section (depending on what she recommends). This sucks.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
ALNaturMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

My OB's nurse was telling me that one of hers was breech. They checked again the day before her cs, and baby was still breech. She went in and had her cs, and her OB told her the baby had flipped head down!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would look into spinning babies.

My guy was breech from 24 weeks till 32 weeks.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely check out the spinning babies website. This LO flipped early and has stayed head down. My DS was another story though. Swimming can have wonderful effects. Acupuncturists have a few tricks up their sleeves too. GL!

If you're in question, hiccups are an easy way to tell if your baby is head down or not. The hiccups will be down low, even on top of your cervix when the baby is head down. If you feel the hiccups primarily anywhere else, your baby is breech of transverse.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ddc - My lo was breech up until week 39. In fact I was scheduled for a c-section and at my pre-op appt the day before my section when they decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound that day. Lo and behold she had flipped and was head down the day before my section at 39 weeks! So it can and does happen! I did the chiro thing and alot of exercises from spinningbabies. My little girl was born last week via the vaginal birth I wanted.
I hope all of your babies flip for you! I just wanted to give you hope that they can wait until the last minute
Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

UGH! ME! I'm 34 weeks also. DD was breech until 37? weeks. I went in for my version and she was head down. My MW isn't worried yet because I have so much amniotic fluid that she said he'll likely be easy to turn. I hope it doesn't come to that though. If he stays breech, I'll be looking for a new MW (mine won't deliver breech babies). I'm not having a c-section.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 36w and 2 days, and lo turned sometime in the past week without me noticing and has dropped.