Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
JulieM2GE
Registered Users

Suggestions for tv shows to buy

I'm due Sept. 6 so I'm 37 weeks and 5 days. I was reading a blog of things to have ready the first couple weeks. One of the only things I didn't already have was a tv series on DVD. I thought this was a great suggestion since the shows are about 45-50 min and it's about how long your nursing for. I have a bad habit of wanting to get up and be doing things so I thought this would be a great way to pass time and keep me in bed resting. Now I just need to find a series. We don't have television, so I'm not sure what's good. In college I watched One Tree Hill and now I like Pretty Little Liars. Yes even though I'm in my late 20's. Don't judge. I don't like some of the more main stream like house, lost, or greys anatomy.

Suggestions would be great, but I am on the conservative side so keep that in mind. Also anyone buy used DVDs online. Where?

Thank you!
JulieM2GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suggestions for tv shows to buy

I'm kind of a geek, so I really liked Battlestar Galactica (DH started it and I was surprised to find myself hooked on it!) and the new Doctor Who series. We don't watch TV either, so I really don't know what's out there either. I'm hoping you get some good suggestions so I can get some ideas, too!

You can find used DVDs pretty cheaply on Amazon.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
katt42
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Firstly, I would suggest Netflix. We are dumping our cable since we don't really watch it and I can get almost everything we do like online or through Netflix streaming.

As for shows, I have to second the new Doctor Who series (never got into the old one, but loving this one). Also love Firefly, Being Human (British version), Buffy/Angel (anything Joss Whedon). I am starting to think I might be a little geekier than I realized :-)

Also-congrats on being so close to your due date!!
katt42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH is moving a spare TV and blu-ray into our room so I can stream netflix, vudu etc in there
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Inspector Lewis! I hate crime/mystery shows, but that one is awesome. I think you can buy or watch on pbs.org (it is from their Masterpiece Mystery series).

---
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Revenge. It is such a guilty pleasure!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

I"m a geeky sci fi nerd.... So I watched all 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica during the first few weeks of constant nursing when my daughter was born. She just turned 1 and me and my husband are watching it again. Its on Netflix instant.
I would suggest getting netflix instant. They have tons of shows and movies so you can find something you'd like or get into new shows too.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you have anything you can stream on? Like a game station or blueray player? Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon if you have Prime might be great options. Maybe Glee or Downton Abby.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
JulieM2GE
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever
Do you have anything you can stream on? Like a game station or blueray player? Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon if you have Prime might be great options. Maybe Glee or Downton Abby.
We don't have a good Internet plan to do that we live put in the country and use my iPhone for most of our Internet needs. I may look into the cost of subscribing to Hulu or Netflix. I will just need to keep a charger near buy cuz my phone doesn't hold a charge very well anymore.

I'm loving all the suggestions. I'm going to look into them and watch a few to see which ones I like and will watch the series of.
JulieM2GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Lesley@CottonBabies
Registered Users

I would also suggest netflix! We pay $8 dollars a month, and use that instead of TV. Let's see, some TV series I've watched that I enjoyed were Battlestar Galactica, Glee, Grey's Anatomy (I know you said you didn't like this one though) Army Wives, United States of Tara, and I'm currently watching The X-Files with my husband, and Parenthood on my own.
Lesley@CottonBabies is offline   Reply With Quote