Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PAIN!

Girls,

I have been having horrible, wretched lower back pain since yesterday! At some points it's almost gone and at others I can't even stand up straight! Also have had some mild, constant cramping. We have a doppler and I've quickly check on babe and all seems to be well. I have a call into the nurse at OB office as I don't know how to make this pain go away! I'm taking it easy and drinking water like MAD!

Anyone else have back pain? What do you do!?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PAIN!

DDC

During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin is released. Sometimes that can cause your hip and back to get out of whack. I started visiting a chiro regularly and it really helped me out! Maybe you should set up an appointment?
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The nurse just called and said back pain and cramping are totally normal. Told me to take ES Tylenol and use the heating pad. Said if I started having symptoms of UTI to call. Didn't ask how many weeks I am, is there any bleeding...nothing....what a....

I totally didn't ask about the chiro and probably should have. This happened with my 5 year old when I was pg with her. Doc had me in and checked to see if I was dilated with her and ended up giving me Flexaril...I'm not a drug seeker I just want some freaking relief!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

It's probably your sacro-illiac joints. There are a few positions I suggest trying out that may help with the pain. I get on my knees in bed, kneel over and put my head higher than my tush, and make my hubby press right where it hurts, sometimes alternating the sides he's pressing on. Sometimes it helps readjust my pelvis so the pain is gone. A heat pack there helps too. Second thing I do is go lay flat on the floor with my knees bent, and alternately rock my pelvis back and forth using my legs. Sometimes the rocking motion will help those joints slip back the way they are supposed to be. Plus sometimes just being still and kind of rolling my pelvis back so my lower back is flat against the floor helps. Actually at first it really kind of hurts, but after a a few seconds it starts to ease and then feel kind of good. One of those things where it feels SO good... after it stops hurting. LOL
Those are how I cope with my picky sacro-illiac joint until I can see the Chiropractor. Hope you find them helpful!
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
It's probably your sacro-illiac joints. There are a few positions I suggest trying out that may help with the pain. I get on my knees in bed, kneel over and put my head higher than my tush, and make my hubby press right where it hurts, sometimes alternating the sides he's pressing on. Sometimes it helps readjust my pelvis so the pain is gone. A heat pack there helps too. Second thing I do is go lay flat on the floor with my knees bent, and alternately rock my pelvis back and forth using my legs. Sometimes the rocking motion will help those joints slip back the way they are supposed to be. Plus sometimes just being still and kind of rolling my pelvis back so my lower back is flat against the floor helps. Actually at first it really kind of hurts, but after a a few seconds it starts to ease and then feel kind of good. One of those things where it feels SO good... after it stops hurting. LOL
Those are how I cope with my picky sacro-illiac joint until I can see the Chiropractor. Hope you find them helpful!
Thank you! I'm willing to try just about anything!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was having S-I joint pain again last week and and off and on this week. Can't believe its so early as I had the main in my third trimester last time. What helps for me a bit is laying down with a pillow between my knees to stabalize my hips and keep them straight. If it gets bad, I'll probably go to a chiro, but with my last pregnancy the chiro just made it worse. We'll see.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried a maternity support belt, too, mama? I just ordered one because I had so much discomfort last time, so I can't vouche for it yet, but FX!