Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
emerino
Registered Users

WWYD? Traveling with teething baby

My 7mo is cutting two teeth, woke up with congestion and some coughing. Her temp is rising but is only 99.1 right now. She's fussy but somewhat happy. We're supposed to go out of town to visit family this afternoon, a 5.5 hour drive. It's not imperative that I go. DH can take the big kids by himself.

So, would you go or stay home with the baby? She could do great, she could not. Ahhh, I don't know what to do!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Traveling with teething baby

yes, I would go.

Babies are always teething. Sometimes it's worse than others, but it's always present. Atleast for my child, but she teethed very fast.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Traveling with teething baby

Well, a fever, congestion, and coughing sound much more like a cold than teething. I would never change any plans because of teething, but like I said this doesn't sound like teething.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
emerino
Registered Users

Thanks, y'all! We didn't end up going for other reasons. DH and his brother have a couple people affected by Isaac that they wanted to help out. I'm glad I didn't have to make the decision. I was more worried about her being uncomfortable on the long car ride than anything.