Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:
Got milk?

For the nursing mamas: anyone still have a good supply, or has it dropped significantly? I have very little now, only drops (and sometimes not) when I attempt to express or pump. I'll dry nurse until my colostrum kicks in if need be, because we believe in self-weaning after age 2.5, but man - it's so frustrating and sad right now that I can't feed my child! Anyone else in the same place?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're still good on the milk front here But I am getting frustrated more when it comes to bedtime nursing down... 30-45 mins of sucking is taking a toll on my nips. But commitment is commitment (I keep having to remind myself)... And DD still needs the comfort.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Got milk?

still more than drops but a definite drop. He still happily nurses though. We are trying to cut him down to 4-6 times a day though bc i was getting nursed out and really don't want to quit all together but 15 times a day was exhausting this pregnant momma. So interesting how differently milk production is for all of us while pregannt.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I still have milk, not a ton, but since I also believe in child led weaning we are still nursing here. Gabby is down to nap & bedtime, she will be 2 in two weeks. Maddie weaned on her own about a month ago at 3 1/2. It hurts like holy heck right now, but we will keep going anyway
Old 09-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

kalle-only 2ce a day on her own? My ds will be 2 in 4 weeks and would still nurse 20 times a day if i didn't say no from time to time...gah...i want him to wean on his own, but we are gently cutting him back as my pregnant body cannot handle the constant nursing.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

Not sure what really is left. He still nurses like theres something there, though he's started going to sleep without actively nursing! Yay, love seeing him flop over and go to sleep. I guess Ill keep going until he gets tired of it. lol
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson View Post
kalle-only 2ce a day on her own? My ds will be 2 in 4 weeks and would still nurse 20 times a day if i didn't say no from time to time...gah...i want him to wean on his own, but we are gently cutting him back as my pregnant body cannot handle the constant nursing.
Yep 2x a day by her choice. She is very different than her two older sisters. They would both have nursed all day long at 2 lol. Seriously I know at Bella's 2 year check up, she was still nursing at least 8x a day every day. In fact until she recently weaned, Maddie was nursing more at 3 1/2 than gabby was at 2. Strange, but honestly, I am not complaining since while my breasts barely hurt at all first tri they are absolutely killing me now
Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine is totally gone...Poppy is still nursing but not nearly as much. In fact she will latch on and then pop off to tell me that the milkies in her nurse are all gone I will not prevent her from nursing, she is just under 21 months and I had no intention of her weaning before 3yo. I feel more than a bit guilty because this was not a planned pregnancy and it has certainly changed things for Poppy.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Blueberry32
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure my milk is gone but Annabelle still nurses 1-3x a day. Really wish she would stop it's getting very uncomfortable. She always nurses to sleep, in the morning if she asks for it she nurses but she doesn't always ask, and if she wakes up at night she usually nurses to get back to sleep. She's 2.
Blueberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry32 View Post
I'm pretty sure my milk is gone but Annabelle still nurses 1-3x a day. Really wish she would stop it's getting very uncomfortable. She always nurses to sleep, in the morning if she asks for it she nurses but she doesn't always ask, and if she wakes up at night she usually nurses to get back to sleep. She's 2.
Oh yes, Gabby still wakes up once or twice at night to nurse...forgot about that It used to be every night but over the past couple weeks she has actually been sttn some