Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
prettyduck0324
Registered Users

Best prefold?

What are the best type of prefold? Thanks
prettyduck0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Green mountain diapers prefolds are what I like.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm actually living the diaper rite prefolds I just got! Every bit as comparable to the GMD in softness and quality!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best prefold?

You will get so many different answers on this one!

We use the Osocozy Better Fit prefolds and love them. They quilt up nicely and are super soft. This week I ordered a couple of bamboo prefolds from Nickis Diapers to try.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have some indian prefolds from cotton babies. they were free to me (and brand new) so i like them
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayMama View Post
I have had GMDs, Little Lions, and the bamboo Imagines. It seems to me a prefold is a prefold. They all do the job just fine. The Imagines run a little smaller than I like, though.
I felt the same way until I tried the Diaper Rite prefolds

Also I thought I would mention to the OP... not sure if you are looking for NB size but the Imagine NB prefold has fewer layers than the others. This could be an advantage or a disavantage depending on how you look at it... less bulk but also less absorbant. I used them and they worked just fine though!
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest

I felt the same way until I tried the Diaper Rite prefolds

Also I thought I would mention to the OP... not sure if you are looking for NB size but the Imagine NB prefold has fewer layers than the others. This could be an advantage or a disavantage depending on how you look at it... less bulk but also less absorbant. I used them and they worked just fine though!
I didn't know this about Imagines. Is this true w/all of their PFs or just the nb?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had GMDs, Little Lions, and the bamboo Imagines. It seems to me a prefold is a prefold. They all do the job just fine. The Imagines run a little smaller than I like, though.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just ordered some medium Diaper Rite prefolds and they are amazing! They are unbelievably soft and super quilty.

I had Imagine NB and GMD smalls... they aren't nearly as soft (but they are quilty and work just fine). Before I tried the DR prefolds I never understood all the fuss about soft prefolds - they all seemed pretty much the same to me. Now I get it... I wish I had had DR for my NB and Small prefolds too!
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
cottongirl
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
I just ordered some medium Diaper Rite prefolds and they are amazing! They are unbelievably soft and super quilty.

I had Imagine NB and GMD smalls... they aren't nearly as soft (but they are quilty and work just fine). Before I tried the DR prefolds I never understood all the fuss about soft prefolds - they all seemed pretty much the same to me. Now I get it... I wish I had had DR for my NB and Small prefolds too!
This is my experience, too. My Diaper Rites are my softest and by far my quiltiest (seriously...these things are egg-crate quilty). The pilling on all my prefolds has been pretty minimal except for a couple batches... I have a few pilly GMD larges and all my premium chinese prefolds from Cotton Babies were very pilly. Never had a pilly batch of DR's, though, and at this point that's most of my stash.

I still use my CD-friendly fabric softener in every load because all of them tend to get a bit rougher than I like over time. The initial softness of my Diaper Rites was off the charts, and I think that spoiled me a bit.

ETA: I also love that DR's aren't starting to get tags like Imagines and some GMD's now have. If I had tags on my prefolds, I'd probably have to line up all the tags when I'm stacking them on the changing table.

Last edited by cottongirl; 09-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.
cottongirl is offline   Reply With Quote