Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

Welcome to my clutter *Pic heavy*

Dh and I have been trying hard to downsize, declutter and just reduce for the past 4yrs since we moved. It was amazing the stuff we had. We have realized how much happier our life is with no clutter. I decided to take pics of our 'clutter' now. It's much less. Pretty much things all have places and where there is clutter it's just because it wasnt' put back in it's spot! So this is usually what I wake up to on an average day yes we are still working on a few things but this is WAY better than were we came from.

SOrry for the darker/yellow pics my flash wouldn't work with me and it was early in the morning!

Master bedroom (ignore the mirror we are repainting this weekend!):

DS2 room:

DS3 room

Kitchen/living rm:

Entry (notice all shoes actually are in the closet!)

Family/play room:

Hall (vac. goes back upstairs in the closet)

DS1 room:

DD's room (She was playing with her dollhouse this morning, but it all goes back in the tub and under her bed when she's done!)

laundry:

Thanks for looking I still have projects left like the laundry room I've been waiting until the kids went back to school to tackle that one- it's on my list of to do next week. Feel free to make suggestions too!

Last edited by MaBacon; 09-06-2012 at 11:25 AM.
MaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Welcome to my clutter *Pic heavy*

I think it looks awesome!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Looks great and I LOVE your kitchen! Can you tell me how you get your shoes in the closet or take a pic? I can't use a door shoe holder thing since my stepson and husband have big shoes and our vacuum takes up a ton of space. Is your vacuum usually stowed in your linen closet, a bedroom closet or somewhere else?
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
Looks great and I LOVE your kitchen! Can you tell me how you get your shoes in the closet or take a pic? I can't use a door shoe holder thing since my stepson and husband have big shoes and our vacuum takes up a ton of space. Is your vacuum usually stowed in your linen closet, a bedroom closet or somewhere else?

Thanks! For our entryway my husband built shelves for shoes and then the kids each have a basket for their because for some reason they don't get the "put your shoes on the shelf" concept! But they understand throw shoes in basket! LOL!

We put command hooks on the door since they are not tall enough to hang up their coats yet.
We also have this awesome built in storage bench that lifts open where I keep their backpacks, my purse and my work tote. Keys go on the mirror hooks (yes I love that EVERYTHING has it's place!)

As for the vacuum, it resides in my bedroom closet! We don't have a linen closet so it's the only spot I could find for it. It works since we have a very minimal wardrobe for both DH and myself. That's also where my sewing machine is!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
TypeAMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBacon View Post
Thanks! For our entryway my husband built shelves for shoes and then the kids each have a basket for their because for some reason they don't get the "put your shoes on the shelf" concept! But they understand throw shoes in basket! LOL! We put command hooks on the door since they are not tall enough to hang up their coats yet. We also have this awesome built in storage bench that lifts open where I keep their backpacks, my purse and my work tote. Keys go on the mirror hooks (yes I love that EVERYTHING has it's place!)
Thanks for the pic of the coat closet. I think a shoe shelf would be great for us and I guess we could tuck our vacuum to the side if we move my rolling luggage bag and get rid of some coats. I love the bins idea for the little ones. It'd help us w/ gloves and hats, too. Lastly, I recently read somewhere else about the Command hooks for kids coats and I'm so going to do that.

So jealous about your bench. We have one, but w/ only 3 smallish cubbies down below. Now to see if I can cram the diaper bag in one of those cubbies. Thanks for all of the ideas!
Slave to my
Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
TypeAMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
Thanks for the pic of the coat closet. I think a shoe shelf would be great for us and I guess we could tuck our vacuum to the side if we move my rolling luggage bag and get rid of some coats. I love the bins idea for the little ones. It'd help us w/ gloves and hats, too. Lastly, I recently read somewhere else about the Command hooks for kids coats and I'm so going to do that.

So jealous about your bench. We have one, but w/ only 3 smallish cubbies down below. Now to see if I can cram the diaper bag in one of those cubbies. Thanks for all of the ideas!
So I remembered that we had a small shoe shelf being used in a different way in the playroom. I grabbed that and a bin from the playroom and put them in the coat closet. I got rid of so much stuff from the coat closet that I was able to fit the vacuum on the side and now all of the shoes are in the closet rather than in the narrow hallway. Thank you for the inspiration!!!

ETA: I'm thanking the OP, not myself. Thought that looked silly as I quoted myself.
Slave to my
Old 09-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
dancnfool
Registered Users
seller

Wow! Looks great! Your kitchen is AMAZING - mine is tiny. More appropriate a size for a closet.
dancnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where'd you get your sons beds? I've been looking for one like that for my ds.
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturally Pampered View Post
Where'd you get your sons beds? I've been looking for one like that for my ds.

They're actually bunk beds (Ds2 & ds3 have them). We bought them probably 6 yrs ago at fleet farm but I see them all over that is a similar style. Not to often separate but sometimes I have on craigslist.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

Man it's funny how you can tell what area of the country people live in based on their house! I kept thinking how familiar your house looked...then I saw your local, ah that's why.